Author Topic: Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3  (Read 3535 times)

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
Re: Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2009, 10:09:03 PM »
I couldn't disagree more.  Oblivion is my all time favorite game, edging out Ocarina of Time.  I tried playing it on my PC and I hated it.  To me, consoles are the only way to game, other than for RTS.  The 360 controller is like an extension of my hand when I'm playing games like this.  Yes there are few buttons than a keyboard, but moving the joysticks doesn't even take thought.  Same with Fallout 3 for 360.  For me playing these games on console is MUCH faster and effortless, partly because the motions needs to do stuff are so small.  No reaching across the keyboard and having 50 buttons to choose from.  Just minor thumb flicks.  Yeah there might be a learning curve to get quick, but I play enough 360 games that using the controller is just like thinking my moves.

And that's not to mention the fact that I NEVER have to buy new ram or new boards or new cards and processors for my 360.  Any game from launch on will work on any system until they stop making them, period.
Are you saying it takes thought to push keys and move a mouse?
There is no way a joystick on a controller can match the speed and precision of the mouse.  The joystick is easily capped out on speed, making it take ages to turn around in comparison to a mouse.
I have never had to reach across the keyboard.  True, I can choose from 50 buttons...how is that a bad thing? Using WASD I can space to jump, ctrl to crouch, and 1-5 is easily accessible for weapon switch.  
To me it seems like you are a console gamer who tried PC gaming once or twice, didn't like it, and shunned it.
As for never having to buy new RAM etc:
Xbox 720 comes out, you have to buy a new console whereas I can turn the graphics down on the multiplatform 720 games and run it well enough.
And after all that is said, I'll say you missed my point.
I didn't say "consoles are dumb gtfo" I said that developers who develop PC games develop them in a style that makes it feel like they're punishing those who play on the PC.
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.