Author Topic: Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3  (Read 3530 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3
« on: November 11, 2009, 03:39:18 PM »
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

SADShooter

• friend
Re: Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2009, 04:20:01 PM »
"How to find a Halloween Costume for Your Effeminate Son"  :laugh:

Robot: "I wanted to be a pastry chef, but she woudn't let me!"
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2009, 06:15:54 PM »
I giggled and then I snorted.

MW2 for the PC is $60 at walmart.   :O  I wonder if any of my PC's will run it, though.   :'(
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

brimic

• friends
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2009, 06:26:11 PM »
That was good:)
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2009, 06:41:12 PM »
The last really good COD version was UO. Everything since that has been XBox'dâ„¢.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2009, 03:03:50 AM »
Everything since that has been XBox'dâ„¢.
'Splain please?

RaspberrySurprise

• friend
  • Yub yub Commander
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2009, 03:53:43 AM »
'Splain please?

Dumbed down so it's easy to play on a console using only a controller (as opposed to mouse and keyboard) and to be played by thirteen year olds without enough gray matter to fill a walnut.
Look, tiny text!

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2009, 12:20:54 PM »
Dumbed down so it's easy to play on a console using only a controller (as opposed to mouse and keyboard) and to be played by thirteen year olds without enough gray matter to fill a walnut.

What he said.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

jackdanson

• friend
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2009, 02:43:22 PM »
I play mw2 on 360 with a mouse/keyboard, it works great.  I agree that the game has gotten too "uber pwnage",  but it really is spectacular fun.  Especially the co-op mode.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2009, 10:16:35 AM »
I play mw2 on 360 with a mouse/keyboard, it works great.  I agree that the game has gotten too "uber pwnage",  but it really is spectacular fun.  Especially the co-op mode.
Yep. Played it last night with a friend. I was in the C130 gunship providing air cover for his run through town. Mucho fun.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2009, 12:48:27 PM »
Is it practical to play this in single-player mode on a PC? 

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2009, 01:02:34 PM »
Is it practical to play this in single-player mode on a PC? 

All the people I know who have it say SP is excellent.

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2009, 12:37:34 AM »
All the people I know who have it say SP is excellent.

That is an unqualified yes

Oleg Volk

• Administrator
    • Volkstudio Blog
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2009, 11:39:52 AM »

41magsnub

• friend
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2009, 11:45:12 AM »
Some levels got censored: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uPjboM1Ijc&feature=player_embedded

I'm not going to view that video at work, but I presume it has to do with the airport level.

jackdanson

• friend
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2009, 11:46:27 AM »
Actually that ended up in the full game.  They ask you on the first load whether you want disturbing content  included.

I was a little put off by that vid before playing it, but now that I see it in context it is a fairly important part of the storyline.

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2009, 11:47:23 AM »
Single player is wonderful.

FWIW, the airport scenario made me ill.  Did not fire a round inside the airport.

Loved it, took me a while to drive the snowmobile and boat on a keyboard. =D
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2009, 12:02:45 PM »
The last really good COD version was UO. Everything since that has been XBox'dâ„¢.
Ugh.
This is ruining the PC gaming industry.
Oblivion:  The menus are so clunky it's like they're trying to punish anyone using a mouse and keyboard.  Want to look at your map?  Tab for the menu, click a category, click the map.  Want to go back to your inventory?  Category, then inventory.
I guess the right click and show everything from Morrowind (A game that was designed and released for PC and ported to Xbox many years later) was too complicated for the Xboxxers.
Fallout 3:  Same thing.  Annoying menu.  Billions of clicks to do anything simple.
Borderlands:  Controlling vehicles is straight out of Halo.  You accelerate with W and "steer" by moving the mouse in the direction you want to go.  Good Lord it's awful.  Your use button will reload your weapon if you miss picking something up (doesn't sound bad but it is annoying trying to pick up HP in the middle of a fight and being forced to wait for your gun to reload before shooting).

RTS games are the only ones still sacred.  I was afraid Halo Wars would start trend, good thing it turned out to be awful.
Battlefield 2 (I believe 2142 fell to the console crap), and Killing Floor are the only games I play regularly that feel like genuine PC games.  Mass Effect is great, but that style of control works fine for mouse and keyboard without change.  I recently got the PC version of Resident Evil 5 and I am enjoying it multiple times more than I did on the Xbox.
Now, I'm off to play Company of Heroes.
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2009, 01:09:44 PM »
More vicarious excitement for "kids" too scared to go outside.  If you have to live at home you might as well zap terrorists, huh?

Great profit center, though, for the makers.  Damn.  What was it, $350 million in sales the first day???  Must be a lot of "tactikids" in America.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

41magsnub

• friend
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2009, 01:12:33 PM »
More vicarious excitement for "kids" too scared to go outside.  If you have to live at home you might as well zap terrorists, huh?

Great profit center, though, for the makers.  Damn.  What was it, $350 million in sales the first day???  Must be a lot of "tactikids" in America.

That is a bit of an over generalization isn't it?

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2009, 01:56:12 PM »
That is a bit of an over generalization isn't it?

Nope.

Me, all the time I used to spend playing video games I spend running, toning up in case I ever have to do that stuff IRL.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

taurusowner

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2009, 02:00:55 PM »
Oblivion:  The menus are so clunky it's like they're trying to punish anyone using a mouse and keyboard.  Want to look at your map?  Tab for the menu, click a category, click the map.  Want to go back to your inventory?  Category, then inventory.
I guess the right click and show everything from Morrowind (A game that was designed and released for PC and ported to Xbox many years later) was too complicated for the Xboxxers.
Fallout 3:  Same thing.  Annoying menu.  Billions of clicks to do anything simple.
Borderlands:  Controlling vehicles is straight out of Halo.  You accelerate with W and "steer" by moving the mouse in the direction you want to go.  Good Lord it's awful.  Your use button will reload your weapon if you miss picking something up (doesn't sound bad but it is annoying trying to pick up HP in the middle of a fight and being forced to wait for your gun to reload before shooting).

I couldn't disagree more.  Oblivion is my all time favorite game, edging out Ocarina of Time.  I tried playing it on my PC and I hated it.  To me, consoles are the only way to game, other than for RTS.  The 360 controller is like an extension of my hand when I'm playing games like this.  Yes there are few buttons than a keyboard, but moving the joysticks doesn't even take thought.  Same with Fallout 3 for 360.  For me playing these games on console is MUCH faster and effortless, partly because the motions needs to do stuff are so small.  No reaching across the keyboard and having 50 buttons to choose from.  Just minor thumb flicks.  Yeah there might be a learning curve to get quick, but I play enough 360 games that using the controller is just like thinking my moves.

And that's not to mention the fact that I NEVER have to buy new ram or new boards or new cards and processors for my 360.  Any game from launch on will work on any system until they stop making them, period.

41magsnub

• friend
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2009, 02:03:26 PM »
I couldn't disagree more.  Oblivion is my all time favorite game, edging out Ocarina of Time.  I tried playing it on my PC and I hated it.  To me, consoles are the only way to game, other than for RTS.  The 360 controller is like an extension of my hand when I'm playing games like this.  Yes there are few buttons than a keyboard, but moving the joysticks doesn't even take thought.  Same with Fallout 3 for 360.  For me playing these games on console is MUCH faster and effortless, partly because the motions needs to do stuff are so small.  No reaching across the keyboard and having 50 buttons to choose from.  Just minor thumb flicks.  Yeah there might be a learning curve to get quick, but I play enough 360 games that using the controller is just like thinking my moves.

I'm the opposite, I played Halo on the Xbox with my little brother and it was just awkward as can be for me.  I'm sort of old school though, even on modern PC FPS games I remap the controls to match Half Life 1.

jackdanson

• friend
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2009, 02:14:43 PM »

Kids eh?  All of my 22-32 year old friends play COD also, so it isn't all kids.  Good stereotyping though.  That is like saying everyone who buys a 6 pack of budweiser is an alcoholic.  If kids are gaming too much it's their parents' fault, not game makers/players.

Nope.

Me, all the time I used to spend playing video games I spend running, toning up in case I ever have to do that stuff IRL.

Strangely enough I have plenty of time to work out and still play video games, even while working ~50+ hours a week.

I use a mouse/keyboard mod for the 360 and love playing on it.  You don't have to worry nearly as much about cheaters online.

The free market is ruining the PC game industry.  People want to sit on their couches, not their computer desks.  Plus many people can't afford to keep up with the PC hardware.

Phantom Warrior

• friend
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2009, 07:27:19 PM »

Plenty of the Soldiers I know are huge video gamers.