Author Topic: Ft Benning Sign Suggests Unregistered Gun Owenrs Are Terrorists  (Read 6536 times)

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
Re: Ft Benning Sign Suggests Unregistered Gun Owenrs Are Terrorists
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2010, 08:34:05 PM »
Squadron-wide urinalysis was always my favorite.

So which color of food coloring did you end up drinking a bottle of for that?

Phantom Warrior

• friend
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2010, 09:07:31 PM »
This sign or one very similar was up inside the company area at HHC, 2-11 IN when I was there.  I remember rolling my eyes when I read it.  As many others have said, the Army doesn't allow privately owned weapons in the barracks.  If you live on post but not in the barracks you still have to register them with the Provost Marshal's Office.  Off post you can do whatever you want.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2010, 11:54:51 PM »
Which is why (aside from my first two weeks in the Fleet) I always lived off base. Well, one of the reasons.

Also, I'm with G98: plenty of stupid to go around on both sides of the E/O divide.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2010, 05:41:31 AM »
Stupid isn't a competition: everybody can win! =D
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

HankB

• friend
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2010, 08:19:50 AM »
Off post you can do whatever you want.
Just read a story that Ft. Hood's CO wants guns registered even if the soldier lives off post. Spouse's guns, too. (Only saw the one story, so it may just be rumor.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2010, 08:32:46 AM »
Other Army posts have tried that too. I think it is coming everywhere. Being aviation I always read and distributed the safety magazines. There were articles in there every month on safe motorcycle riding or about the unafe kid that killed himself on a bike and how we all need to take an approved course, wear good gear, and ride to live. Now once or twice a year there is an article about a ND where the military member managed to shoot themselves. Invariably the editorial tone is "Why do you need guns loaded at home, keep them locked up, etc." Institutional aversion to personal weapons. I lived in fairy-tale land my last few years, all my guns in a private locker at an on-base range ran by the Morale and Welfare folks. No registration, no stupid armory. When I was young and dumb I left them at home with family. In between those times I lived way off-base.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.