Author Topic: Haiti: TGWCST* piss me off  (Read 3004 times)

Leatherneck

• friend
Haiti: TGWCST* piss me off
« on: January 13, 2010, 07:49:46 PM »
*TGWCST=The gang Who Can't Shoot Straight.

The President could have ordered a MEU/ARG to divert to Haiti last night. Can you imagine what a couple of thousand young Marines could be doing there?

Medevac by helo, LCAC, Osprey or whatever, electric power, water, food, rescue, triage. But no, the WH has its thumb you-know-where.

This morning in the Pentagon, I had an IT question, so I went to see Donald. He was 100% focused on the breaking news on his PC. Then it hit me: Donald is black, and his last name is Jean-Jacques. I asked him if he had family or friends in Haiti. He turned, in tears, and said: "My whole family lives in Port-au-Prince."

Send in the Marines, Mr. fake Commander-in-chief!

TC
TC
RT Refugee

Regolith

• friend
Re: Haiti: TGWCST* piss me off
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 08:13:51 PM »
Didn't we do something like that when the tsunamis hit back in '05?

I thought that was a pretty standard response.  ???
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 08:41:06 PM »
Send in the Marines, Mr. fake Commander-in-chief!
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

grampster

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 08:54:16 PM »
Didn't we do something like that when the tsunamis hit back in '05?

I thought that was a pretty standard response.  ???

That was when we didn't have a bunch of refugees from SDS in the Administration.  Just because they shaved their armpits, took a shower, combed their hair and put on a suit doesn't mean they somehow grew a brain.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 09:17:41 PM »
My ship has done relief ops off of Haiti, pretty standard mission, an LHA could do a lot of good there, lots of able bodies, supplies, and a very well staffed medical org.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2010, 09:28:52 PM »

How many relief missions have we done in Haiti to date?
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

jackdanson

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2010, 09:30:12 PM »
Where's Kanye now?

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2010, 09:30:34 PM »
Easy there, big fella!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34832613/ns/world_news-haiti_earthquake/?gt1=43001

Officials said Navy ships, helicopters, transport planes and a 2,000-member Marine unit were either on the way to the impoverished nation or likely to begin moving soon.

Gen. Douglas Fraser, head of U.S. Southern Command, said that one of the U.S. Navy's large amphibious ships will likely head to Haiti with a Marine expeditionary unit aboard. Fraser said other U.S. military forces are on alert, including a brigade, which includes about 3,500 troops.

Fraser said during a news conference with other U.S. officials that the Pentagon is "seriously looking at" sending thousands of Marines to assist with disaster relief efforts and security in Haiti.

President Barack Obama pledged earlier Wednesday "a swift, coordinated and aggressive"  effort to help the people of Haiti overcome a "cruel and incomprehensible" tragedy."

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2010, 09:58:09 PM »
President Barack Obama pledged earlier Wednesday "a swift, coordinated and aggressive"  effort to help the people of Haiti overcome a "cruel and incomprehensible" tragedy."

It is most certainly cruel.

But how are earthquakes "incomprehensible" ?
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

jackdanson

• friend
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2010, 10:03:48 PM »
Easy there, big fella!

Officials said Navy ships, helicopters, transport planes and a 2,000-member Marine unit were either on the way to the impoverished nation or likely to begin moving soon.

Gen. Douglas Fraser, head of U.S. Southern Command, said that one of the U.S. Navy's large amphibious ships will likely head to Haiti with a Marine expeditionary unit aboard. Fraser said other U.S. military forces are on alert, including a brigade, which includes about 3,500 troops.

Fraser said during a news conference with other U.S. officials that the Pentagon is "seriously looking at" sending thousands of Marines to assist with disaster relief efforts and security in Haiti.

Well, why weren't they waiting there beforehand?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2010, 10:56:12 PM »

I think he means that the tragedy is so great, it's hard to comprehend the scope of the suffering.  Or something like that.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2010, 11:09:53 PM »

Hey, he needed a six dollar word, and that one seemed to fit...
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2010, 01:26:15 AM »
Israel sent Shaldag in yesterday.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2010, 03:14:43 AM »

One guy?
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2010, 06:40:19 AM »
One of our church members is en route to Haiti on a Navy hospital ship. They were responding before the shaking stopped....

Was the Zohan too busy?.....  =D
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2010, 07:19:59 AM »
Why does Obama hate black people?

[popcorn]
Easy there, big fella!

President Barack Obama pledged earlier Wednesday "a swift, coordinated and aggressive"  effort to help the people of Haiti overcome a "cruel and incomprehensible" tragedy."

There we have it. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”