Author Topic: Gangsta Engineering Paradise  (Read 924 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Gangsta Engineering Paradise
« on: January 23, 2010, 05:14:14 PM »
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Re: Gangsta Engineering Paradise
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 06:10:30 PM »

I dunno, I liked it.  Part of the problem with getting kids to like engineering is they tend to start them off on boring projects.  If they introduced more mad engineering at an earlier age, I think we'd have better results.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 06:32:51 PM »
That's how you evil people always work, isn't it?  Get them while they're young.  Sickos.   :P
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Physics

• ∇xE=-1/c·∂B/∂t, ∇·E=4πρ, ∇·B=0, ∇xB=1/c·∂E/∂t, F=q(E+v/cxB)
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 07:43:43 PM »

I dunno, I liked it.  Part of the problem with getting kids to like engineering is they tend to start them off on boring projects.  If they introduced more mad engineering at an earlier age, I think we'd have better results.

I agree, they should wait for teaching blocks on inclined planes and start teaching electron microscopy, or something similar.  Start with an evil application, and then apply the theory.  Start kids off doing something exciting, and more of them will stick around for the math. 

I liked the video too.  Found it pretty funny. :laugh:
In the world of science, there is physics.  Everything else is stamp collecting.  -Ernest Rutherford