Author Topic: Ok all you pilots...  (Read 6548 times)

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: Ok all you pilots...
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2010, 10:28:14 AM »
Nitrogen,

I've never had to abort a landing. It doesn't happen very often in the airline world because we normally don't push our skills that far. We usually have the option to land on a more appropriate runway or at another airport rather than having to land in really nasty conditions. My landing yesterday wasn't dicey at all. It was just fun because we normally have straightforward, boring landings, which is the way we like it.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2010, 11:40:35 AM »
Nitrogen,

I've never had to abort a landing. It doesn't happen very often in the airline world because we normally don't push our skills that far. We usually have the option to land on a more appropriate runway or at another airport rather than having to land in really nasty conditions. My landing yesterday wasn't dicey at all. It was just fun because we normally have straightforward, boring landings, which is the way we like it.

What he said.  As a general rule, commercial pilots know before they touch pavement if they won't be able to make the landing, and will take the go around before that happens.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2010, 01:58:27 PM »
Thanks for the input guys, very interesting.  =)
Avoid cliches like the plague!