Author Topic: Kids Say the Darnedest Things..  (Read 1326 times)

Kids Say the Darnedest Things..
« on: January 16, 2006, 04:09:46 PM »
Or in this case, reason 1002 to be careful about them knowing you carry a gun.

Last weekend, I took a load of kids to the zoo in Toledo and to the black light puppet show there.

One of my little nephews who spends a lot of time at my house was seated next to me at the puppet show and I (kiddingly) said "Ooh, I'm scared!" when they shut off the light. He whispers back really loudly "Why are you scared? You have a gun!"

Doh!

Either no one else heard or they ignored it. Smiley

brimic

• friends
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2006, 04:18:07 PM »
LOL!

My 3 yo son is fascinated by machinery and trucks, he wants to know function of each new vehicle he sees. This morning, a honeywagon was in front of us when we were driving and of course he needed to know what its function was. I explained to him that some people have small 'poop tanks' behind their houses and when they get full the honeywagon comes to pump them out. He asked me what they did with the poop in the truck, I told him they take it to the big 'poop tank' (sewage plant) and right on cue, the truck turned down the road to the sewage plant, another place my son is fascinated with. He looked at me with big eyes and said "daddy, when I get big, I want to drive a honeywagon"  Smiley
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Art Eatman

• friend
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2006, 06:44:57 PM »
Some 35 years ago when my kid was 2nd grade or thereabouts, I was doing a Saturday afternoon venison barbecue and a buddy of mine--without telling ME--got my wife to dig out my powder scales so he could ounce out a pound of grass.

She was happily watching this action when my kid walks in and sees what's going on.

"Well!  I guess I'd better not talk about THIS at Show & Tell, tomorrow!"

Smiley, Art
The American Indians learned what happens when you don't control immigration.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2006, 04:00:18 AM »
Twenty or so years ago, Young Son comes home with a ticket for Minor in Possession of Alcohol.  He's 17 or so.  He rather assuredly advised me that he was an innocent man.
He was merely in the car with 3 other yoots who were drinking beer, but he was not.
Sigh...A victim of circumstance, in the company of miscreants, painted with the same brush.

After rather narrowly scrutinizing his story, I decided to go along with his scenario.  We would go to see the PA and discuss the matter and see if we could negotiate a civilized settlement.

I tell the lad to let me do the talking, sit in the chair, look humble and repentent for the company he keeps et al.  I walk the PA through the scenario, being Young Son's mouthpiece of the hour.  PA is smiling and nodding his head.  The story is plausible, sometimes the innocent do get scraped up with mopes.  The affair appears to be headed for dismissal.

Suddenly Young Son opens mouth and words come tumbing out, unsolicited.  "It's all true, sir" he says,  "I never drank a drop of beer.  In fact I could not have even held a beer because both of my hands were occupied by rolling a joint."  He smiled innocently at the PA and at me.  The silence in the room was palpable.  I slowly turned my head, with an absolutely stunned look on my face to see the PA do the same.  We looked at each other for a second or two.  I said, "I guess he should just plead guilty to the MIP and pay the fine, huh?"  To which the PA said, "Sounds like a plan."  Tongue
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2006, 05:13:45 PM »
Dang! That beats the tar out of my puppet show story! Smiley

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2006, 04:47:08 AM »
I was looking at a Cabela's catalogue on a road trip one day.
My two sisters were with us (they were twins).
One of them looked at the magazine and saw a camouflage backpack, and told her mom she wanted one.  Man, gotta love them sometimes (other times, most people want to strangle them).  Anywho...
She noticed it said that the backpacks started at "someprice."  $30 or somesuch...so she said "I guess we'll have to get them when they start."
We had a good laugh the rest of the trip.
We tried to explain what it meant, but she couldn't get it.
lozl.
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

DrAmazon

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2006, 05:08:02 AM »
My friend's father in law could never be broken of the habit of swearing around the grandchildren.  He favorite phrase was "What the hell is that".  

My friend takes her oldest, Tom, for his first day of preschool.  He's in a Catholic school.  The principal is greeting the kiddes at the door.  She's a middle aged nun, in a full habit.  Tom gets to the door, points at the headgear and asks his Mom "What the hell is that?".  

My friend got a 15 minute talking to about using appropriate language in public.  She declined speaking at her FIL's funeral because she was still miffed about it!
Experiment with a chemist!

Unisaw

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2006, 07:59:39 AM »
When my daughter was very young, her mother and I were commenting on how small her nose was.  Don't ask me why, but we asked my daughter how big her nostrils were.  She held up her index finger and said "this big"!
Well, if you have the sudden urge to lick your balls you'll know you got the veterinary version... K Frame

Pebcac

• friend
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2006, 09:43:22 AM »
Just the other day, my middle child, who is just before turning three, pinched some gum from my wife's purse.  When my wife found her, she asked about the theft.  My child's response:  "Oh!  I need to go hide!"  Cheesy
Problem exists between computer and chair.

thumbody

• friend
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2006, 11:07:51 AM »
My wife and I used to joke around with our youngest. I would stand on 1 side of her and shine a flashlight in her ear and tell my wife to "look at this" she would squint and say something about the light shining through sure was bright. This was a running gag for a couple of years.  One night when she was in first grade my wife saw her standing on a chair in front of a mirror. She would turn her head sideways to the mirror and shine a flashlight in her ear then turn real quick and look at the mirror. This went on for a couple of minutes and my wife asked her what she was doing."Trying to see the light when it shines through."
 Well the wife started laughing and couldn't stop"What so funny" (more laughter) "MOM whats so funny" "Well honey there isn't really a hole all the way through we were just joking"." We thought you knew that". Now the face goes from confused to POed (more laughter)" Why are you mad, it was just a joke"?
 Daughter replies "Well today I told my teacher I had a hole all the way through my head and that you could see a light shine through".
 "And what did she say"? asked my wife.
She didn't say anything she just smiled real big and gave me a hug". "Then she called another teacher over and had me tell her about it too".
I'm OK it's the rest of the world that's messed up