Author Topic: 7 yo calls 911  (Read 941 times)

geronimotwo

• friend
7 yo calls 911
« on: March 10, 2010, 12:11:42 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_boy_s911_call

to hear the call on video   http://news.yahoo.com/video/us-15749625/18549401

NORWALK, Calif. – A terrified 7-year-old boy begged emergency dispatchers to send police to his Southern California home where three armed robbers threatened his parents, according to a recording of the call released Tuesday.

Gunmen broke into the boy's home Tuesday morning and announced that they would take whatever they wanted, Los Angeles County sheriff's Lt. Steve Kenny said.

The boy and his 6-year-old sister hid unnoticed in the locked bathroom while the suspects threatened his mother and father at gunpoint.

"There's some guy who's going to kill my mom and dad," he said breathlessly. "Bring cops. A lot of them! ... And soldiers, too."

The suspects eventually broke into the bathroom and someone screamed. The 911 operator sounded shaken as she explained what happened to her colleagues.

Kenny said the suspects grabbed the boy and asked who he called. He responded, "911." The gunmen fled without taking anything or injuring the family.

"If not for the brave and educated actions of the 7-year-old boy, this might have ended tragically," said sheriff's Capt. Pat Maxwell.

The three men remain at large.

this kid was amazing.  i wonder what prompted the parents to give the kids that type of training?

make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
Re: 7 yo calls 911
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 01:02:07 PM »
Kenny said the suspects grabbed the boy and asked who he called. He responded, "911." The gunmen fled without taking anything or injuring the family.
That's extremely lucky.
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 05:32:49 PM »
That's extremely lucky.

Yeah, the BGs could have just as easily killed all of them to not leave witnesses.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 06:37:41 PM »
Yeah, the BGs could have just as easily killed all of them to not leave witnesses.
I would expect them to do it out of rage or just for kicks.
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 06:48:43 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_boy_s911_call

to hear the call on video   http://news.yahoo.com/video/us-15749625/18549401

this kid was amazing.  i wonder what prompted the parents to give the kids that type of training?

Smart parents.  My 6 year old knows how to call 911, and has known how for over a year at this point.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2010, 06:55:51 PM »
"Bring cops. A lot of them! ... And soldiers, too."

Love that quote. That sounds like a Hollywood line.
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

The Lone Haranguer

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2010, 08:06:35 PM »
I hope the parents weren't involved in the illegal drug trade.  :mad:     Multiple armed attackers usually don't do so just at random.

Obviously - and thankfully - they weren't Russian Mafia. 

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2010, 08:29:09 PM »
I hope the parents weren't involved in the illegal drug trade.  :mad:     Multiple armed attackers usually don't do so just at random.
Obviously - and thankfully - they weren't Russian Mafia.  

I think many of the innner city and hispanic gangs would have killed the whole family on the spot for the kid calling 911.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2010, 10:38:13 PM »
"Bring cops. A lot of them! ... And soldiers, too."
   :laugh:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife