Author Topic: AVI to DVD conversion  (Read 521 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
AVI to DVD conversion
« on: March 15, 2010, 01:56:54 AM »
Hey guys, I have a couple of video clips that I need to burn to DVD for Mom.  They are in .avi format.  I have Nero and understand it's a decent .avi to DVD converter, but is there another, better solution hanging around out there?

Thanks in advance!
Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

CNYCacher

• friend
Re: AVI to DVD conversion
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 02:48:50 AM »
A $20 DVD player from Walmart which ALSO plays .avi files of a burned data-format CD or DVD is an option.  Especially if you plan on sending mom some home movies often.
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: AVI to DVD conversion
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 10:15:51 AM »
Does Windows Media Encoder make that conversion?  It's been awhile since I last used it, but I know it works with a number of different formats.  WME is a free add-on from MS, in case you have not heard of it.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.