Author Topic: Sulfuric Acid  (Read 8386 times)

Nick1911

• Administrator
Sulfuric Acid
« on: March 15, 2010, 12:29:12 PM »
Sulfuric acid falls under the regulation of the DEA:

In the US sulfuric acid is included in List II of the list of essential or precursor chemicals established pursuant to the Chemical Diversion and Trafficking Act. Accordingly, transactions of sulfuric acid—such as sales, transfers, exports from and imports to the United States—are subject to regulation and monitoring by the Drug Enforcement Administration

Huh.  Would not have guessed that.  This would explain why it's so hard to find for retail sales.

TMM

• friend
Re: Sulfuric Acid
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 12:35:05 PM »
maybe sulfuric acid is used in the manufacture of meth or lsd or something? i know those concoctions have some nasty chemicals in them... that's probably why i got carded when i bought a can of carburetor cleaner...

tmm

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 12:41:46 PM »
Hey, another victory in the War on Drugs people don't like!

I wonder if the DEA will bust all the people who cry when cutting onions? Wipes.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 04:24:52 PM »
Ain't the electrolyte they sell for batteries H2SO4?
Avoid cliches like the plague!

drewtam

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 07:15:19 PM »
Hmm, just cool the exhaust of a diesel engine running some of the older fuels (before ULSD and LSD). Sulphuric acid is one of the first liquids to precipitate out, before water and other byproducts of combustion.
I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 07:18:12 PM »
Ain't the electrolyte they sell for batteries H2SO4?

Johnny was a careless boy
Now Johnny is no more
What he thought was H2O
Was H2SO4

^^^ All I know about chemistry ;)
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2010, 07:47:46 PM »
Sulfuric acid falls under the regulation of the DEA:

Huh.  Would not have guessed that.  This would explain why it's so hard to find for retail sales.

You can get nitric acid easier than sulfuric, which is just plain stupid.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

PTK

• friends
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2010, 07:51:50 PM »

Indeed it is. I seem to recall buying sulfuric acid at the hardware store just a couple years ago, too.
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2010, 07:52:54 PM »
Why does the mere though of RevDisk with nitric acid scare the bejeebers outta me?
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

PTK

• friends
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2010, 07:57:36 PM »
I have a bunch of nitric, too. And a garage full of various chemicals. Just to add to your fear and all...  =D

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

drewtam

• friend
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2010, 08:00:55 PM »
Why does the mere though of RevDisk with nitric acid scare the bejeebers outta me?

Because he also likes to make homemade soap too.  :O
I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!

BReilley

• Just a frog in a pond.
  • friend
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2010, 08:05:46 PM »
Hm.  My battery warehouse has at least one pallet of 5gal containers of the stuff.  While it may be regulated by the DEA, it is important to note that it is not, at least to my knowledge, a "controlled substance".

And yes, I seem to remember hearing on the radio that sulfuric acid can be used to make cocaine.

PTK

• friends
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2010, 08:08:42 PM »
Hm.  My battery warehouse has at least one pallet of 5gal containers of the stuff.  While it may be regulated by the DEA, it is important to note that it is not, at least to my knowledge, a "controlled substance".

And yes, I seem to remember hearing on the radio that sulfuric acid can be used to make cocaine.

...yeah, only if you already have the coca leaves, which is the hard part.

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2010, 08:33:57 PM »

It is really funny that you said that.  I was telling a coworker about this at work, who said, "Well why would nitric acid be worse then sulfuric?"

Der, most every explosive out there is based on nitric acid. RDX, PETN, Nitroglycerin, etc.  Apparently most people are unaware of this.

What are they teaching kids in school these days.  :P

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2010, 08:39:54 PM »
Sulfuric acid can also be used to make explosives.  :angel:
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

PTK

• friends
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2010, 08:41:47 PM »
Yep, of course, sulfuric can be used to make nitric, too.

I'm still just stunned by this mentality of "ban/control all chems used to possibly make drugs".

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2010, 09:15:53 PM »
I edited a video of farmers making cocoa base in columbia

they set up a block holding pen with a concrete slab
fill it with cocoa, then masticate it together with bleach & water using gas weed wackers

then they pour on kerosine and drain

then they extract the alkaloids using hydrochloric or sulfuric acid solutions
finally they use sodium carbonate to precipitate the base out of the solution

they don't seem to file an environmental impact report for all the crap they drain off to the jungle
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2010, 09:35:13 PM »
^^^^ Geez, speaking as a trained chemist, this makes me shudder.  Not exactly a lab-quality extraction process.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2010, 09:46:55 PM »
A little nitric acid, a little glycerine, and some foolish kitchen chemistry....kaboom!

Of course there is more to it than that, but you get the idea.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

PTK

• friends
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2010, 09:48:11 PM »
I will never forget the closet chemist in my last apartment complex. One day I see him running away from his building, full steam, wearing a gasmask. Red fumes followed - nutcase was screwing with nitration mixes without a fume hood!  :O

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2010, 09:50:21 PM »
And then people put that crap in their veins or nose. Unless you're Stevie Nicks, then there are other options.

Don't think I'll be a druggie ever.   [barf]

AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2010, 09:59:58 PM »
I will never forget the closet chemist in my last apartment complex. One day I see him running away from his building, full steam, wearing a gasmask. Red fumes followed - nutcase was screwing with nitration mixes without a fume hood!  :O

:O :O

That would make me very, very nervous...
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

PTK

• friends
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2010, 10:03:50 PM »
If I hadn't known exactly what he was up to, I would've taken off running as well. As it stood, I was nearly 400 yards from his apartment block. No worries.  =D

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2010, 11:04:33 PM »
if this keeps up we will be back to standing at the counter listing what we want to buy. =D i'm looking forward to it, always liked those stores. :angel: of course it'll be a three to four hour wait. =|

BReilley

• Just a frog in a pond.
  • friend
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2010, 11:39:19 PM »
I edited a video of farmers making cocoa base in columbia

they set up a block holding pen with a concrete slab
fill it with cocoa, then masticate it together with bleach & water using gas weed wackers

then they pour on kerosine and drain

then they extract the alkaloids using hydrochloric or sulfuric acid solutions
finally they use sodium carbonate to precipitate the base out of the solution

they don't seem to file an environmental impact report for all the crap they drain off to the jungle

http://www.druglibrary.org/schaffer/cocaine/cocaenv.htm
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008/nov/19/cocaine-rainforests-columbia-santos-calderon

Which is why we need to legalize it and tax it, man! :rolleyes: (phooey, we need a :hippie: emoticon here)
It's funny that we should be discussing this now, a local morning show mentioned that very topic.
Also, after reading your explanation of the process, two thoughts come to me:
1) No *wonder* people get bad-ass crazy dreams from snorting that crap, and
2) It's absolutely amazing and a testament to the resilience of the human body that it can survive the ingestion of such a product.

:lol: that's a mighty funny mental picture :)