Author Topic: Coulter 1 - Canada 0  (Read 5034 times)

Inor

• Just this guy
Coulter 1 - Canada 0
« on: March 23, 2010, 11:11:34 PM »
So, it seems our good neighbors to the north invited Ann Coulter to speak at University of Ottawa, paid her $10,000 speaking fee, then canceled the whole thing an hour or two before it was to start.  ROFL!!!

http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20100323/coulter_canada_100323/20100323?hub=BritishColumbiaHome

Having grown up in Minnesota in the 1960's and 70's during the "Fish and Game wars" between Minnesota and Ontario, I have just a few words for our Canadian friends:

Quit taking yourselves so seriously!  Yeah okay, we get it, you are a foreign country.  We have Dunkin Doughnuts and Walmart, you have Tim Horton and Canadian Tire.  But your insistence on calling "Ford trucks" by the name "Mercury trucks" makes about as much sense to me as why you would invite an American political satirist to speak in Canada and then blast her for doing what she is paid to do: American political satire.

P.S. I commend you on finally putting pictures of actual Canadians on your money.  That whole Queen of England thing always seemed a little weird for a country that claimed independence from the crown.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Coulter 1 - Canada 0
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 11:23:00 PM »
I would argue your title is misleading.

Should be Coulter 10,000  - Canada 0
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Inor

• Just this guy
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 11:24:47 PM »
I would argue your title is misleading.

Should be Coulter 10,000  - Canada 0

Touche - as in French, like French-Canadian...

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 11:25:05 PM »
"I think that if the intention of the university is to bring two different speakers from two different political spectrums, I think that there are better choices from that camp that they could have chosen rather than Ann Coulter, because she is a bit vocal and she is a bit outrageous in some of the things that she says."

Translation: "They should only allow people, with whom I agree with, to speak."  
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 11:38:48 PM »
Why are conservatives expressing their views always threatened with violence from liberals? It would seem that, if given the choice, they'd rather kill Ann Coulter than Iranian president Ahmadinejad.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2010, 11:52:46 PM »
Why are conservatives expressing their views always threatened with violence from liberals? It would seem that, if given the choice, they'd rather kill Ann Coulter than Iranian president Ahmadinejad.
Well, yeah.  Ann is the bigger threat to them.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2010, 12:03:16 AM »
blast her for doing what she is paid to do: American political satire.
Dead on.  She's a humorist whose jokes are misunderstood as Republican policy proposals.  Hence the outrage by weenies on the right and left who don't quite get it. Course, that's how she makes the big bucks.   =D

That whole Queen of England thing always seemed a little weird for a country that claimed independence from the crown.

Last I knew, they still consider themselves subjects of the Queen. 

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Inor

• Just this guy
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2010, 12:36:25 AM »
Last I knew, they still consider themselves subjects of the Queen. 

Sort of - Technically she is "the Queen of Canada".  But the average Canadians that I know, do not consider themselves part of the crown.  Either way, it was my sorry attempt at humor.   =D

BTW: The other other Canadian that is prominent on their money is the loon. - Go figure...  =D

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2010, 12:50:20 AM »
Made me think of this.
<Necro^Partehh4t> if someone insults canada the best thing u can say is
<Necro^Partehh4t> atleast im not french-canadian :.
<[HI]Widget> lol
<Bob_the_cannibal> what if you're french-canadian?
<Necro^Partehh4t> then you suck
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2010, 01:06:46 AM »
BTW: The other other Canadian that is prominent on their money is the loon. - Go figure...  =D
they put pelosi on there money? ???

:angel: [popcorn]

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2010, 09:12:40 AM »

Except that Ottawa isn't in the French-speaking part of Canada. That's Quebec province.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2010, 01:10:27 PM »
Isn't $10,000 Canadian like... 23 cents, a button, some lint, and a butterscotch wrapper in American money?  ???

:laugh:
"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2010, 01:18:53 PM »
Isn't $10,000 Canadian like... 23 cents, a button, some lint, and a butterscotch wrapper in American money?  ???

:laugh:

9,753.48 USD
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

alex_trebek

• friend
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2010, 01:25:32 PM »
Karma is a cruel mistress. Spend decades making fun the Canadian dollar, then wake up one day and it is worth more than the US dollar.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2010, 01:39:42 PM »
Karma is a cruel mistress. Spend decades making fun the Canadian dollar, then wake up one day and it is worth more than the US dollar.

By the time our legiscritters get through with us, the dollar will be worth less than the rupee.

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2010, 01:59:06 PM »
By the time our legiscritters get through with us, the dollar will be worth less than the rupee.

How is that for deterring coyotes and how much does RuPaul charge for it?
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2010, 02:02:00 PM »
I was thinking parity with US dollars and Zimbabwe dollars . . .  :O
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Inor

• Just this guy
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2010, 02:09:35 PM »

Yes - but we can still make fun of Canadians.  They are such friendly people until you start to give them grief about being, well Canadian.   =D  It is great fun to watch.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2010, 03:54:08 PM »
the hot interviewer on Fox was asking a Canadian about this and the Canadian said we do not have "The religion of free speech here" ???
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2010, 03:54:49 PM »
the oops
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

alex_trebek

• friend
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2010, 04:00:07 PM »
Yes - but we can still make fun of Canadians.  They are such friendly people until you start to give them grief about being, well Canadian.   =D  It is great fun to watch.

Call it Canadia. Not Canada. They love that.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2010, 05:03:44 PM »
What is your opinion of Tim Horton's?  I guess I don't drink coffee and I wasn't impressed with the donuts. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Inor

• Just this guy
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2010, 05:17:54 PM »
What is your opinion of Tim Horton's?  I guess I don't drink coffee and I wasn't impressed with the donuts. 

If you wake up in the morning with a need for sugar and caffeine, it solves the problem.  Beyond that, I never gave it much thought.  I did have some beer-cheese soup at one in Montreal that was really good.

darius

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2010, 07:10:24 PM »
She is a threat to their ideology.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2010, 07:40:40 PM »
Call it Canadia. Not Canada. They love that.

Nope.  Canuckistan.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife