Author Topic: Who is the "head admin"  (Read 20460 times)

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Re: Who is the "head admin"
« Reply #75 on: April 09, 2010, 06:18:14 PM »
Aw, c'mon, mtnbkr. Let me ban Fistful. I never get to ban anybody. ;)

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #76 on: April 09, 2010, 06:32:08 PM »
Aw, c'mon, mtnbkr. Let me ban Fistful. I never get to ban anybody. ;)
Why settle for just one?  Ban both mtnbkr and fisftul.

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #77 on: April 09, 2010, 06:50:31 PM »
I will say though, it is a lot better than it was when I first started posting here.
Ban him, too, for insufficient nostalgia.   :P

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #78 on: April 09, 2010, 06:57:42 PM »
Ah, but don't you see the beauty of this thread?  Every moderator has commented!  They are all implicated.  Even Oleg himself!  They can never close it now!  Never.  No!  They are doomed to endure this eternal, unlockable thread for all time!  And now we shall call them all names.  We shall say mean things about one another's religious beliefs!  We shall refer to politicians by unflattering nick-names!  This is our moment!

I haven't commented yet.

Oh wait...
Andy

mellestad

• friend
« Reply #79 on: April 09, 2010, 07:16:16 PM »

Well, I admit, it probably was nicer here pre:

Summary - mellestad
Name:  mellestad
Position:  Member
Date Registered:  July 21, 2009, 02:15:43 PM

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #80 on: April 09, 2010, 07:26:26 PM »
I'm against banning fistful. I think we should just change his name and avatar every day.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

alex_trebek

• friend
« Reply #81 on: April 09, 2010, 07:31:40 PM »
~80 posts to answer the question "Who is the top admin?"

and you people complain about government inefficiency...

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #82 on: April 09, 2010, 07:32:51 PM »
I would comment in this thread, but I'm afraid I'd say something that would get fistful banned.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #83 on: April 09, 2010, 07:45:23 PM »
If fistful is getting banned, who will take over has forum scapegoat?  Is there an application process?
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #84 on: April 09, 2010, 07:58:41 PM »
If fistful is getting banned, who will take over has forum scapegoat?  Is there an application process?

I beleive ther is a scapegoat in training around here somewhere. =)

jim
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #85 on: April 09, 2010, 08:45:12 PM »
ban * -NOW -d 24hours ???

:lol:

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #86 on: April 09, 2010, 08:50:35 PM »
I beleive ther is a scapegoat in training around here somewhere. =)

jim

It's either Charby or MA-Hole.  Does the latter still post here?  ???
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
« Reply #87 on: April 09, 2010, 09:03:25 PM »
When he has the time.  Lately, outside influences have kept him busy, but he should be back soon.  =)

I hereby nominate Mr. Hamford as Fisty's successor.  We've got plenty of sh... um, "dirt," on him already.  :laugh:
"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #88 on: April 09, 2010, 10:19:19 PM »
When he has the time.  Lately, outside influences have kept him busy, but he should be back soon.  =)

I hereby nominate Mr. Hamford as Fisty's successor.  We've got plenty of sh... um, "dirt," on him already.  :laugh:

Seconded. Can we vote now Mabs?

jim

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #89 on: April 09, 2010, 10:20:09 PM »
Thirded.   ;)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #90 on: April 09, 2010, 10:28:46 PM »
Seconded. Can we vote now Mabs?

jim

No, you can not vote on Mabs.  He is only to be accused of buggery on a weekly basis.  Hecan, however, be appointed "Safe Schools Czar."

That is one I haven't heard before.

I, for one, am against banning mell for insufficient nostalgia when there are so many other reasons to ban him.

I'll think of one, here, soon enough.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #91 on: April 09, 2010, 10:41:25 PM »
E's a witch!  E turned me into a newt.

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #92 on: April 09, 2010, 10:55:23 PM »
E's a witch!  E turned me into a newt.

A newt?

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #93 on: April 09, 2010, 10:57:03 PM »
I got better.  Now I'm just a scapegoat.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #94 on: April 09, 2010, 11:03:21 PM »
I got better.  Now I'm just a scapegoat.

I'm for just calling him goat.

jim

• friend
« Reply #95 on: April 09, 2010, 11:22:02 PM »

But this thread didn't cost 500,000 dollar in taxes so we could have five government employees monitor it and decide which of us don't make enough money and create a new subsidy or tax credit or something...

PTK

• friends
« Reply #96 on: April 09, 2010, 11:23:45 PM »
No no, it's Nick. He's the head admin. Saw a picture.  :lol:
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
« Reply #97 on: April 10, 2010, 01:13:29 AM »

If anyone really wants to know how the APS mods work, here you go:

------

A.   Administrative Action is Introduced - Any administrator can introduce a piece of Administrative Action
The Round Table - Administrative Action is handed to J. J. or placed in the hopper.
The Politics Place - Administrators must gain recognition of the presiding officer to announce the introduction of a Call for Administrative Action during the morning hour. If any Administrator objects, the introduction of the Call for Administrative Action is postponed until the next day.
•   The Call for Administrative Action is assigned a number. (e.g. RT 1 or PP 1)
•   The Call for Administrative Action is labeled with the sponsor's name.
•   The Call for Administrative Action is sent to the APS Printing Office (APSPO) and copies are made.
•   The Politics Place Calls for Administrative Action can be jointly sponsored.
•   Administrators can cosponsor the piece of Administrative Action.
B.    Committee Action - The Call for Administrative Action is referred to the appropriate committee by Nick1911 or the presiding officer in The Politics Place. Most often, the actual referral decision is made by The Round Table or The Politics Place parliamentarian. Call for Administrative Actions may be referred to more than one committee and it may be split so that parts are sent to different committees. The Speaker of The Round Table may set time limits on committees. Call for Administrative Actions are placed on the calendar of the committee to which they have been assigned. Failure to act on a Call for Administrative Action is equivalent to killing it. Call for Administrative Actions in The Round Table can only be released from committee without a proper committee vote by a discharge petition signed by a majority of The Round Table Administratorship (five administrators).
Committee Steps:
1.   Comments about the Call for Administrative Action's merit are requested by APS agencies.
2.   Calls for Administrative Action can be assigned to subcommittee by Chairman.
3.   Hearings may be held.
4.   Subcommittees report their findings to the full committee.
5.   Finally there is a vote by the full committee - the Call for Administrative Action is "ordered to be reported."
6.   A committee will hold a "mark-up" session during which it will make revisions and additions. If substantial amendments are made, the committee can order the introduction of a "clean Call for Administrative Action" which will include the proposed amendments. This new Call for Administrative Action will have a new number and will be sent to the floor while the old Call for Administrative Action is discarded. The forum must approve, change or reject all committee amendments before conducting a final passage vote.
7.   After the Call for Administrative Action is reported, the committee staff prepares a written report explaining why they favor the Call for Administrative Action and why they wish to see their amendments, if any, adopted. Committee Administrators who oppose a Call for Administrative Action sometimes write a dissenting opinion in the report. The report is sent back to the whole forum and is placed on the calendar.
8.   In The Round Table, most Call for Administrative Actions go to the Rules committee before reaching the floor. The committee adopts rules that will govern the procedures under which the Call for Administrative Action will be considered by the The Round Table. A "closed rule" sets strict time limits on debate and forbids the introduction of amendments. These rules can have a major impact on whether the Call for Administrative Action passes. The rules committee can be bypassed in three ways: 1) Administrators can move rules to be suspended (requires 2/3 vote)2) a discharge petition can be filed 3) The Round Table can use a Calendar Wednesday procedure.
C.    Floor Action
1.   Administrative Action is placed on the Calendar
The Round Table: Call for Administrative Actions are placed on one of four Forum Calendars. They are usually placed on the calendars in the order of which they are reported yet they don't usually come to floor in this order - some Calls for Administrative Actions never reach the floor at all. Nick1911 and mtnbkr decide what will reach the floor and when. (Administrative Action can also be brought to the floor by a discharge petition.)
The Politics Place: Administrative Action is placed on the Legislative Calendar. There is also an Executive calendar to deal with trolls and spammers. Scheduling of Administrative Action is the job of mtnbkr. Calls for Administrative Action can be brought to the floor whenever a majority of The Politics Place chooses.
2.   Debate
The Round Table: Debate is limited by the rules formulated in the Rules Committee. The Committee of the Whole debates and amends the Call for Administrative Action but cannot technically pass it. Debate is guided by the Sponsoring Committee and time is divided equally between proponents and opponents. The Committee decides how much time to allot to each person. Amendments must be germane to the subject of the Call for Administrative Action - no riders are allowed. The Call for Administrative Action is reported back to The Round Table (to itself) and is voted on. A quorum call is a vote to make sure that there are enough Administrators present (5) to have a final vote. If there is not a quorum, The Round Table will adjourn or will send JamisJockey out to round up missing Administrators.
The Politics Place: debate is unlimited unless cloture is invoked. Administrators can speak as long as they want and amendments need not be germane - riders are often offered. Entire Calls for Administrative Action can therefore be offered as amendments to other Calls for Administrative Action. Unless cloture is invoked, Administrators can use a filibuster to defeat a measure by "talking it to death."
3.   Vote - the Call for Administrative Action is voted on. If passed, it is then sent to the other forum unless that forum already has a similar measure under consideration. If either forum does not pass the Call for Administrative Action then it dies. If The Round Table and The Politics Place pass the same Call for Administrative Action then it is sent to Oleg. If The Round Table and The Politics Place pass different Call for Administrative Actions they are sent to Conference Committee. Most major Administrative Action goes to a Conference Committee.
D.    Conference Committee
1.   Administrators from each forum form a conference committee and meet to work out the differences. The committee is usually made up of senior Administrators who are appointed by the presiding officers of the committee that originally dealt with the Call for Administrative Action. The representatives from each forum work to maintain their version of the Call for Administrative Action.
2.   If the Conference Committee reaches a compromise, it prepares a written conference report, which is submitted to each forum.
3.   The conference report must be approved by both The Round Table and The Politics Place.
E.    Oleg - the Call for Administrative Action is sent to Oleg for review.
1.   A Call for Administrative Action is enacted if approved by Oleg or if not signed within 10 days and APS is online.
2.   If Congress adjourns before the 10 days and Oleg has not approved the Call for Administrative Action then it does not become law ("Pocket Veto.")
3.   If Oleg vetoes the Call for Administrative Action it is sent back to the administrators with a note listing his reasons. The forum that originated the Administrative Action can attempt to override the veto by a vote of two-thirds of those present. If the veto of the Call for Administrative Action is overridden in both forums then it is enacted.
F.    The Call for Administrative Action is enacted - once a Call for Administrative Action is approved by Oleg or his veto is overridden by both Forums it is enacted and is assigned an official number.
G.    The Call for Administrative Action is finally then buried in soft peat for three months and recycled as fire lighters.

=D
"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #98 on: April 10, 2010, 01:17:22 AM »
Well, I guess that explains why I never do anything around here.

:D :D :D

Ex-MA Hole

• friend
    • The Brown Bomber
« Reply #99 on: April 10, 2010, 06:45:13 AM »
It's either Charby or MA-Hole.  Does the latter still post here?  ???

I heard he's filming a new adult movie involving wookies?
One day at a time.