Author Topic: Paying for the view...  (Read 669 times)

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
Paying for the view...
« on: April 19, 2010, 10:21:40 PM »

Is now as expensive as two LCD HD monitors and a Mac Pro workstation...

Unfortunately it only adjusts the view for one person at a time.

http://www.technovelgy.com/ct/Science-Fiction-News.asp?NewsNum=2867
I promise not to duck.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Re: Paying for the view...
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 10:47:07 PM »
Very cool. Expensive but cool.

Back when I lived in my first apartment I wanted to get a poster of a mushroom cloud and put it on the bedroom window to freak out overnight guests. This technology would have made it even more fun.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 10:53:13 PM »
There was a guy who did something similar with Wii sensors mounted in a pair of glasses.  He used it to present a set of objects floating in a "3D" space inside a TV screen.  The objects would re-orient as the person with the glasses moved around in real 3D space in front of the screen.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 10:56:45 PM »
Back when I lived in my first apartment I wanted to get a poster of a mushroom cloud and put it on the bedroom window to freak out overnight guests. This technology would have made it even more fun.

Were you into photography yet back then?

I'd think that a recording of the CD sirens, some big professional photostrobes against some sheer drapes, and a sub-woofer would provide an even more convincing effect.

Oh, and you'd have to run through the room with an armload of canned food, a jug of water, and go lock yourself in the bathroom as well for effect.

There was no WWIII back-story, but my parents had one of those "Hollywood" make-up style mirrors in the master bath. (yes, very 80's...) American Science and Surplus had a huge pile of the old style flash-bulbs with standard light bulb bases. So I replaced them all around the mirror. And my father got up around 3am for his nightly middle-aged pee...  :laugh:
I promise not to duck.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 11:25:16 PM »
There was no WWIII back-story, but my parents had one of those "Hollywood" make-up style mirrors in the master bath. (yes, very 80's...) American Science and Surplus had a huge pile of the old style flash-bulbs with standard light bulb bases. So I replaced them all around the mirror. And my father got up around 3am for his nightly middle-aged pee...

I like your style. ;)

No, no photography stuff at that time. Would have been fun, though.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2010, 11:43:19 PM »
What scenes would we like to see?  (Family friendly)

Battle of Hoth? 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2010, 02:58:53 AM »
I personally liked the orbital view.  =)

But Hoth would definitely be in the top ten.  =D  Maybe Cloud City or Coruscant, too.
"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams