Author Topic: Has Noahs Ark been found. Interesting read  (Read 24041 times)

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
Re: Has Noahs Ark been found. Interesting read
« Reply #125 on: May 03, 2010, 07:42:08 AM »
Genesis 6:13 - "God said to Noah, 'I am going to put an end to all people, for the earth is filled with violence because of them. I am surely going to destroy both them and the earth.'"

Genesis 6:17 - "'I am going to bring floodwaters on the earth to destroy all life under the heavens, every creature that has the breath of life in it. Everything on earth will perish.'"

Genesis 7:23 - "Only Noah was left, and those with him in the ark."

/knocks the popcorn out of Sanglant's hand  =D
"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #126 on: May 03, 2010, 07:52:38 AM »
obviously the ship was a spaceark and it took 40 days at FTL to transit the gap from the genesis planet to the present day earth
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #127 on: May 03, 2010, 08:20:47 AM »
I can't bring myself to read all the posts in this thread being that right now it's 0430 and we ran out of "regular" coffee (graveyard shift) several hours ago.  However, I will say this:

I don't consider myself an intellectual in any particular fashion, but I must say that I find it amusing when people attempt to use science to prove or disprove biblical accounts.  I was raised a Christian and consider myself a Christian, but have absolutely no desire to set out to find “evidence” that such a story in the bible really happened (or didn’t happen).
I’m aware that some of my friends and family find this rather "apathetic credence" a bit confounding, but that’s how I live.  I believe in creationism and in evolution.  I don’t think my purpose for being was to convince myself of either, so I find comfort in faith and embrace scientific discovery.
I somehow doubt this thought process isn't exactly unique.

But if such discoveries of "proof" of biblical stories make other Christians feel more secure in their beliefs, more power to them... I guess. 
The pastor I grew up with had a similar attitude about some of that stuff.  Don't put to much emphasis on trying to prove God's existence or actions. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #128 on: May 03, 2010, 08:21:45 AM »
Genesis 6:13 - "God said to Noah, 'I am going to put an end to all people, for the earth is filled with violence because of them. I am surely going to destroy both them and the earth.'"

Genesis 6:17 - "'I am going to bring floodwaters on the earth to destroy all life under the heavens, every creature that has the breath of life in it. Everything on earth will perish.'"

Genesis 7:23 - "Only Noah was left, and those with him in the ark."

/knocks the popcorn out of Sanglant's hand  =D
true ;)

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #129 on: May 03, 2010, 03:03:26 PM »
Whoompa, whoompa, whoompa, whoompa

Noah!

Somebody call?

Whoompa, whoompa, whoompa

Noah!

Who is that?

It's the Lord, Noah

Right!

Where are ja?
What you want? I've been good.

I want you to build an Ark

Right!
Whats an Ark?

Get some wood build it
300 cubits by 80 cubits by 40 cubits

Right!
Whats a cubit?

Lets see a cubit...I used to know what a cubit was
Well don't worry about that Noah
When you get that done
Go out into the world and
Collect all of the animals in the world by twos
Male and female, and put them into the ark

Right!
Who is this really?

What's going on?
How come you want me to do all these weird things?

I'm going to destory the world

Right!
Am I on Candid Camera?
How you gonna do it?

I'm gonna make it rain for a thousand days and drown 'em right out

Right!
Listen to this, you'll save water
Let it rain for 40 days and 40 nights
And wait for the sewers back up

Right!
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"