Author Topic: my satiracal friend again  (Read 808 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
my satiracal friend again
« on: May 05, 2010, 08:29:02 PM »
In the dark ages of the Bush administration innocent Americans who hated America were racially profiled simply because of the places they traveled to outside of the country or the terrorists that they had contact with in other parts of the world.

Case in point - Faisal Shahzad was racially profiled by the Bush administration back in 2004.

"George LaMonica, a 35-year-old computer consultant, said he bought his two-bedroom condominium in Norwalk, Conn., from Mr. Shahzad for $261,000 in May 2004. A few weeks after he moved in, Mr. LaMonica said, investigators from the national Joint Terrorism Task Force interviewed him, asking for details of the transaction and for information about Mr. Shahzad. It struck Mr. LaMonica as unusual, but he said detectives told him they were simply "checking everything out.""

Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinio...l#ixzz0n6QB5e8p

Chairman Obama ended the oppressive practice of investigating people based simply on whether or not a person hates America and has ties to people who want to kill American citizens.

Case in point - Major Nidal Hasan contacted Al Qaeda leaders while he was an Army officer and made statements about how he hated Bush, which is understandable to us progressives. But, Obama did not take the extremist and oppressive step of taking any action against Hasan just because of his beliefs and his associations. Obama did the right thing and only arrested Hasan after he killed and wounded several Americans.

The same is so of Faisal Shahzad who was a person of interest when Bush was in office. But, Obama claims that the government had no knowledge of Shahzad and was "under the radar" so to speak. Apparently, the government's lack of knowledge about Shahzdad's activities was just a hole in the anti-man caused disaster system that is there so as not to offended people who are working night and day to kill Americans.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/05/04/AR2010050405357_pf.html

That's progress. The lingering oppression of the Bush administration is finally long gone.
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I