Author Topic: Gulf Spill  (Read 1469 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Gulf Spill
« on: May 10, 2010, 04:20:02 PM »
So, how much longer until Obama blames BP for being in collusion with Republicans and Tea Party terrorists to make his administration look bad, by deliberately having this oil spill?

Too bad about that dome-thing failing to seal and pump.  Something about crystallized methane gas blocking it up.  5000 feet of water sucks. 

I'm confused how the pump-apparatus on the sea bed works... is it powered or passive?  Why can't the navy just pummel it with a few torpedoes?  I bet a bunker-buster on top of it would smash up the subterranean pipe system and seal off the flow.

When in doubt, apply explosives!
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
Re: Gulf Spill
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 06:00:27 PM »
Well, with explosives they risk setting off a chain reaction and destroying the entire planet.
Or they risk upsetting the subterranean aliens/inner Earth people and sparking open warfare.
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

Leatherneck

• friend
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 06:34:49 PM »
MABS nailed it. Why do you hate erf, red?

TC
TC
RT Refugee

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 09:02:33 PM »
Imagine all that frozen methane suddenly thawing out, surfacing in a gigantic bubble...

I think that Obama did it so that he'd have an excuse to ban U.S. oil, so that his cronies in Chicago politics can make a fortune on oil commodities.

Blog under construction

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 09:12:58 PM »
Or they risk upsetting the subterranean aliens/inner Earth people and sparking open warfare.

Just posting that on open forums have mad the aliens break off talks, and start to ramp up for war.   [tinfoil]
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Physics

• ∇xE=-1/c·∂B/∂t, ∇·E=4πρ, ∇·B=0, ∇xB=1/c·∂E/∂t, F=q(E+v/cxB)
  • friend
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 02:39:24 AM »

Crab people... Crab people...  Taste like crab, talk like people...
In the world of science, there is physics.  Everything else is stamp collecting.  -Ernest Rutherford

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2010, 07:42:57 AM »

We could take 'em.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

tyme

• expat
  • friend
  • Did you know that dolphins are just gay sharks?
    • TFL Library
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2010, 10:18:48 AM »
Genetically engineered sea monsters created the hole in the sea floor.  The deepwater horizon story is just a coverup.  Has anyone met any of the people allegedly on the oil rig when the accident occurred?  I didn't think so.

Surface was a documentary up until the final episode.
Support Range Voting.
End Software Patents

"Four people are dead.  There isn't time to talk to the police."  --Sherlock (BBC)

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2010, 03:59:49 PM »
Genetically engineered sea monsters created the hole in the sea floor.  The deepwater horizon story is just a coverup.  Has anyone met any of the people allegedly on the oil rig when the accident occurred?  I didn't think so.

Surface was a documentary up until the final episode.

Thank G-d! I'm not the only one who watched it!
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2010, 04:14:54 AM »
We could take 'em.

Alright, so when you take a quantum torpedo to the face, who are we supposed to blame?
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2010, 11:24:51 AM »
Looks like it is now venting natural gas, reducing the amount of oil that is leaking.

http://abcnews.go.com/WN/natural-gas-leaking-gulf-mexico-lowering-volume-escaping/story?id=10619403&page=1
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2010, 01:03:41 PM »
Thank G-d! I'm not the only one who watched it!

Me too.  I liked the show and wish they had done something with it.

Chris