Author Topic: American Flag Found Offensive Again  (Read 6058 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
American Flag Found Offensive Again
« on: May 10, 2010, 08:38:40 PM »
Looks like this school didn't take the hint from the Cinco de Mayo flap:

http://www.breitbart.tv/teacher-deems-students-american-flag-drawing-offensive/?utm_source=twitterfeed
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: American Flag Found Offensive Again
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 09:16:42 PM »
Looks like this school didn't take the hint from the Cinco de Mayo flap:

http://www.breitbart.tv/teacher-deems-students-american-flag-drawing-offensive/?utm_source=twitterfeed

Fer cryin out loud...Kalifornia...again....maybe China will take Cali as payment on some of our debts...
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 09:25:01 PM »
Well, see, when you say "God bless America," you're secretly saying that God hates all the other countries. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 11:15:04 PM »
Well, see, when you say "God bless America," you're secretly saying that God hates all the other countries.  oppressing atheists and establishing a state religion.

FTFY
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

taurusowner

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 11:25:39 PM »

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 01:44:58 AM »
Yeah, I do actually. I thought the sarcasm would be pretty obvious.  ;)
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

taurusowner

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2010, 04:20:13 AM »
I guess I spend too much time on Fark reading about these same stories.  A LOT of people really do think that.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2010, 09:01:10 AM »
I guess I spend too much time on Fark reading about these same stories.  A LOT of people really do think that.

That's why the sarcasm works. It's like "It's Bush's Fault". Some people actually believe that.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2010, 09:17:01 AM »
Last time I checked California is part of the US and the US has a flag.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2010, 09:59:15 AM »

Sure, but you don't really have to rub it in do you?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2010, 11:11:13 AM »

If they want to secede, I say let them go peacefully  ;)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2010, 12:00:03 PM »
They don't want to secede, they want us to subsidize our own subjugation.  After all, according to the myth, we are living on stolen, occupied Mexican land, and we owe them. 

This is the fruit of 30 years of "multiculturalism," as now codified and sanctified in our public schools and other institutions.  We are going to need a massive popular outcry against this--an outcry with teeth--to prevent what's going on from becoming a serious anarchic threat to the body politic of this Republic.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2010, 02:06:18 PM »
the look on the CA politicians faces when the US gives Mexico CA and they have to try to self fund there own state is going to be priceless. [popcorn] hey it's what there fighting for, why not let them have it.(at the very least let them think we're thinking about it)

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2010, 03:28:42 PM »
we are living on stolen, occupied Mexican land

Yeah, and the worst part is that we stole the part of Mexico with the paved roads, sewer systems, and shopping malls  ;/
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

HankB

• friend
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2010, 04:34:52 PM »
Yeah, and the worst part is that we stole the part of Mexico with the paved roads, sewer systems, and shopping malls  ;/
Sort of like Israel stole the civilized part of Palestine . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2010, 04:37:01 PM »
Sort of like Israel stole the civilized part of Palestine . . .

You get the idea  ;)

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2010, 05:03:42 PM »
In many ways Mexico has already re-annexed California.  Certainly our legislature appears to put the interests of Mexico and Mexicans first.  Our budget (with all its current problems) is structured around the presence of illegal aliens.  Our future--which envisions growth to 50 million (from 38 million) within a decade--is also predicated on more immigration (mostly illegal, unless there's an amnesty) and plenty of children therefrom.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2010, 05:13:51 PM »
After all, according to the myth, we are living on stolen, occupied Mexican land, and we owe them. 

Oh, there's a grain of truth to that.  We pretty much fought Mexico for it.  I say we give the land back to Mexico, just as long as they give back all the land they stole from the natives way back when.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2010, 05:18:00 PM »

American Flag Found Offensive Again

These people better be on the watch for when the Flag REALLY goes on the Offensive.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

taurusowner

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2010, 12:42:42 AM »
These people better be on the watch for when the Flag REALLY goes on the Offensive.

I don't think the US has the stomach for that kind of thing anymore.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2010, 02:01:02 AM »
I don't think the US has the stomach for that kind of thing anymore right now.

Fixed for clarity.

What was it that John Adams said in France?  Something about him studying war and politics, so his children could study math and navigation, so that his grandchildren could study commerce and architecture, so that those children could study sculpture and music?

Well, our kids are now studying poop-art and lazy nekkid people art so that their children can return to savagery, and their children can study war and politics all over again.

We'll have a stomach for it again.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

taurusowner

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2010, 02:06:00 AM »
DO you really think there is going to be a "United States of America" by the time that happens?

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2010, 02:31:48 AM »
Maybe just a United State of Alaska.  Most of us will have to re-locate.   =)