Author Topic: YouTube geekiness needed  (Read 2008 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
YouTube geekiness needed
« on: May 28, 2010, 08:31:34 AM »
I can open YouTube and even sign in.  I can get to anything they have, but when I open a selection I get a blank black screen where the YouTube video is supposed to be.  All the other stuff for the page is there.  Nothing that indicates something is loading - just black space.

Please remember that I need Computers For Dummies dumbed down, so be gentle with your geekiness suggestions.  Step-by-step instructions with words of no more than three syllables are preferred.

Anybody got any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: YouTube geekiness needed
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2010, 08:34:15 AM »
Are you using Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox as your web browser?
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2010, 08:51:46 AM »
Sounds like you are missing a plug in of some sort.
What one does you tube use? Flash?
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2010, 09:00:14 AM »
Adobe Flash is what comes up when I go there.

I use Firefox with NoScript scriptblocker, I have to manually give Adobe Flash permission to run.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2010, 09:16:07 AM »
Are you using Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox as your web browser?

Same problem with both of them.

stay safe
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2010, 09:16:59 AM »
Adobe Flash is what comes up when I go there.

I use Firefox with NoScript scriptblocker, I have to manually give Adobe Flash permission to run.

Adobe Flash is installed & reportedly everything is working.

What now?

stay safe.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2010, 09:59:27 AM »
Adobe Flash is installed & reportedly everything is working.

What now?

stay safe.

I'd uninstall it, and remove the plug-ins from the browsers. Then reinstall.
I promise not to duck.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2010, 10:11:36 AM »
there is a new beta of youtube that runs in html 5

mayhaps you have sellected that version and your browser is not complient

does this work?

http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2010, 10:34:43 AM »
I'd uninstall it, and remove the plug-ins from the browsers. Then reinstall.
Yep.
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

Marnoot

• friend
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2010, 11:20:10 AM »
Running any sort of adblock software? I have to make the Chrome Adblock extension allow them for youtube.com or the videos never load.   =(

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2010, 02:54:34 PM »
Thank you, Harold.

Uninstalling, cleaning up some other stuff, and getting the right/proper/correct version seems to have resolved the issue.

Thanks to everyone else, too.

Now I'm off to watch/listen to some of the alleged must-see/must-hear you have all recently posted.

stay safe.