Author Topic: AT&T Microcell  (Read 736 times)

BridgeRunner

• friend
AT&T Microcell
« on: May 29, 2010, 10:56:15 PM »
Despite my AT&T adventures last week, we bought this new gadget today:

http://www.wireless.att.com/learn/why/3gmicrocell/

So far, it seems pretty cool, although all we've done is set it up and call a couple friends to try it out.  It's been a few years since we were technology early adopters, so I'm a little bit nervous about it, but they've been promising to roll it out for a while now.  Not entirely please to have shelled out $150 for the privilege of using my cellphone in my house, but i am consoled by the fact that no cell company has good coverage in our house.  Too much brick and plaster.  AT&T had virtually no coverage, but after a month I am seeing the value of the iphone.  Maybe this will be the long-term business telephone solution.  Next on the telecom shopping list is a good headset though.  If my primary business phone is going to be an iphone, I need a more ergonomic way to use it.  Seems like Jawbone is still the way to go for that?

Acecare

Re: AT&T Microcell
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 11:46:51 PM »
Modified pending review.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 12:13:46 AM by Monkeyleg »

Vodka7

• friend
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 01:29:51 AM »
I've got a Jawbone and I love it (one of the cheaper ones, picked it up on Amazon on sale for like $45), but I'm not one of those 24/7 bluetooth wearers.  I pretty much only use it when I talk to 1) whoever I'm dating, or 2) my brother.  Not many other people I can stand to talk to for more than five minutes :P

But, on the occasions when I do use it, the battery life is great, it's light, it stays in my ear, and they can hear me perfectly, even in light wind or when I'm sitting right in front of my fan.  Sound quality on my end is a bit worse than using my handset, though.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 01:39:07 AM »
Even as long as they have been around I still can't get ued to watching some person walk around talking to the air.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 01:41:11 AM »
Even as long as they have been around I still can't get ued to watching some person walk around talking to the air.

Sure are a lot safer than trying to hold your cell to your ear while driving...
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.