Author Topic: AZ Border out of control... so: Go after Americans!  (Read 6302 times)

longeyes

• friend
Re: AZ Border out of control... so: Go after Americans!
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2010, 11:15:01 PM »
Well, we'll see, won't we?

Obama has to prove he values American citizens more than Mexicans.  So far he hasn't.

My wager is that the "authorities" are told to stop U.S. citizens from doing jobs the Federal government won't do, viz. stop the invasion.

The whole world is watching.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2010, 11:16:38 PM »
I'd love to hear a "viable idea" that doesn't involve amnesty.
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2010, 11:23:38 PM »
I'd love to hear a "viable idea" that doesn't involve amnesty.
as i said in another thread, start using RICO laws in cases where corporations are caught employing "unduckumented workers" [popcorn]

pic from here.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2010, 12:19:33 AM »
That's a good idea.  But will the Federal government do it?  If they wanted to stop illegal immigration they have known what to do for a long, long time.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2010, 04:38:11 AM »
of course not, it's a "viable idea". and yet. it's not welcome, and remember to vote. =)

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2010, 08:48:25 AM »
I think the Army and Marines should use that area for training purposes.  They could simulate hunting down Al Quada in Iraq but replace the terrorists with drug smugglers and coyotes. 

taurusowner

« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2010, 09:42:15 AM »
I think the Army and Marines should use that area for training purposes.  They could simulate hunting down Al Quada in Iraq but replace the terrorists with drug smugglers and coyotes. 

Lol.  That reminds me of something I read of FARK.  It was a thread about the decay of Detroit and someone posted something along the lines of "I think Detroit should be declared a MOUT training center for the Army.  Leave the gangsters"

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2010, 11:35:30 AM »
What used to be dystopic sci-fi scenarios--Detroit as a military training area--are coming to pass.

Too bad the horror zone along the AZ border is a national wildlife preserve.  I feel for the beasts--but not the two-legged ones.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

Stand_watie

• friend
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2010, 02:03:36 AM »
Most soldiers would have a hard time machine gunning women and children.  Not really worth it either.   Build a wall (and not a chintzy one either), put some landmines in front of it, give significantly more leniency in the rules of engagement, etc. 

The biggest problem is not the border.   There are three problems that are the cause.  One, employers who hire illegals.   Two, welfare state.  Three, the corruption and other general problems in Mexico. 

So let's stop just focusing on the border.  Crack down hard on businesses that hire illegals, to include direct criminal charges for managers, HR and executives.  With immunity if e-Verify screws up, not them.   Gut the welfare state or require proof of citizenship for using social services.   As for Mexico, I dunno what would help short of drastic measures that are politically unacceptable.

+1. As far as the last sentence, I also "dunno" if it would be politically viable, but I'd like to see illegal Mexicans awaiting deportation being educated in the topic of what in my high school education would have been called "government" or "civics", and in my college education called "political science", in the hopes of planting seeds of a future Mexico NOT being ruled by the thugs that have ruled it for centuries.

There's no geographical reason why Mexico couldn't be as prosperous as the United States or Canada. If it were, we'd have no more reason to fear Mexican illegal immigration than we do Canadian illegal immigration (other than that of potential Jihadists), in other words, very little.  The reasons they aren't as prosperous as us are all human and political.
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2010, 10:50:09 AM »
The reasons they aren't as prosperous as us are all human and political.

They aren't as prosperous as the us because we stole the half of their country with the paved roads and clean drinking water.   =D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2010, 05:23:57 PM »
A sheriff doesn't have the firepower and manpower to capture or kill a squad of mexican soldiers.

Haven't looked through the trunk of a rural Texas patrol car, have you?

If they pull in all the reserves, our county of 30,000 can field something along the lines of 60 sworn LE.  Even with only common deer rifles, that would more than enough to overpower a couple HMMWVs worth of soldiers in unfamiliar territory.

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2010, 05:32:25 PM »
Haven't looked through the trunk of a rural Texas patrol car, have you?

If they pull in all the reserves, our county of 30,000 can field something along the lines of 60 sworn LE.  Even with only common deer rifles, that would more than enough to overpower a couple HMMWVs worth of soldiers in unfamiliar territory.

Given the frequency of these visits I am not so sure it's unfamiliar...
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2010, 05:34:41 PM »
you guys familiar with the latest messiah in the anti illegal saga?  jt ready?  make you wish for simcox back
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2010, 11:42:24 AM »
J.T. Ready is a new name for me.  I'm looking into the man--and beyond what the SPLC says about him (given their previous record of soothsaying).  

My view on this very serious subject--illegal immigration--is that it is far too important to be left to irrational people.  Ready may well be one.  But he has plenty of company among well-placed and well-regarded people who ought to know better but have systematically worked for years to undermine American sovereignty and citizenship.  If responsible people don't come to grips with the reality of this situation it can only get much, much worse for all concerned.

Goya put it well: "The sleep of Reason breeds monsters."  We have them.  On both sides.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2010, 03:18:24 PM »
ready is getting famous fast
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2010, 10:34:11 AM »
Soft-spoken fascists in expensive suits breed fascists with tatts, shaved heads, and loud voices.  They are kissin' cousins. 
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2010, 11:45:22 AM »
They are kissin' cousins. 
That was an image I did not need in my head...
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein