Author Topic: AZ Border out of control... so: Go after Americans!  (Read 6319 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
AZ Border out of control... so: Go after Americans!
« on: June 17, 2010, 12:51:51 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/06/16/closes-park-land-mexico-border-americans/

About 3,500 acres of southern Arizona along the Mexican border is closed to U.S. citizens due to increased violence in the region.

The closed off area stretches 80 miles along the border and includes part of the Buenos Aires National Wildlife Refuge. It was closed in October 2006 "due to human safety concerns," the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service said Wednesday in response to news reports on the closure.

Pinal County Sheriff Paul Babeu told Fox News that violence against law enforcement officers and U.S. citizens has increased in the past four months, further underscoring the need to keep the 80 miles of border land off-limits to Americans.

The refuge had been adversely affected by the increase in drug smugglers, illegal activity and surveillance, which made it dangerous for Americans to visit.

"The situation in this zone has reached a point where continued public use of the area is not prudent," said refuge manager Mitch Ellis.

“It’s literally out of control,” said Babeu. “We stood with Senator McCain and literally demanded support for 3,000 soldiers to be deployed to Arizona to get this under control and finally secure our border with Mexico. “

U.S. Fish and Wildlife officials have warned visitors in Arizona to beware of heavily armed drug smugglers and human traffickers.

“We need support from the federal government. It’s their job to secure the border and they haven’t done it,” said Babeu. “In fact, President Obama suspended the construction of the fence and it’s just simply outrageous.”

Signs have been posted warning Americans not to cross into the closed off territory south of Interstate 8. Babeu said the signs are not enough – he said Arizona needs more resources to help scale back the violence caused by the drug cartels.

“We need action. It’s shameful that we, as the most powerful nation on Earth, … can’t even secure our own border and protect our own families.”

Great.

Because the combined forces of the county governments, state DPS, and federal BP is not able to do the job... we restrict the use of US land from US citizens.

This is the first step of actually ceding the territory to Mexico.  All we need is more incursions from Mexican military to make it a de facto turnover of land.

I've hunted this strip of land.  There's deer and javelina down there, and I enjoyed the experience.  I'd love to go back down.  Now I can't.  Because the government will prosecute ME for disobeying the rules.  Rather than the illegals and drug cartels and Zetas. :mad:
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

tyme

• expat
  • friend
  • Did you know that dolphins are just gay sharks?
    • TFL Library
Re: AZ Border out of control... so: Go after Americans!
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 02:36:33 PM »
This is the first step of actually ceding the territory to Mexico.  All we need is more incursions from Mexican military to make it a de facto turnover of land.

Spineless federal politicians will gladly let Mexico have the land back, as long as Mexicans living within the theoretical borders of the U.S. keep voting for said politicians.
Support Range Voting.
End Software Patents

"Four people are dead.  There isn't time to talk to the police."  --Sherlock (BBC)

Seenterman

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 02:47:58 PM »
Isn't this similar to travel warnings put out by the State Dept. concerning other countries?  Is it just a warning that this area is dangerous or are the Feds going to actually enforce a "forbidden zone" and arrest Americans in the area?

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 02:54:22 PM »
Isn't this similar to travel warnings put out by the State Dept. concerning other countries?  Is it just a warning that this area is dangerous or are the Feds going to actually enforce a "forbidden zone" and arrest Americans in the area?

Reading the article, I see:

Signs have been posted warning Americans not to cross into the closed off territory south of Interstate 8. Babeu said the signs are not enough – he said Arizona needs more resources to help scale back the violence caused by the drug cartels.

Reading between the lines, I interpret it to mean that they want more law enforcement and national guard so that they can harrass the low-hanging fruit of legitimate hunters, hikers, folks that live in the area or visit friends/family in the area... rather than combating the actual illegal alien problem or drug problem.

Note they say "scale back the violence caused by the drug cartels" rather than "combat the drug cartels and push them back into Mexico."

Violence is "caused" by two people or groups of people entering into conflict.  You can successfully "scale back violence" by removing one of the parties from the location of conflict.

Which do you think is easier for FedGov to accomplish?

All that will happen, is this 80 mile stretch will become overrun, and the next 80 miles will become dangerous as time progresses.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2010, 02:55:05 PM »
Rhetorical question alert!

This is the sort of thing the military is made for right?  Armed groups of foreigners invading US soil, breaking our laws, and threatening our citizens to the point that the law enforcement agencies cannot deal with it.  Wouldn't this be a good use of military force..  not in an advisory or support capacity with a feel good handful of National Guardsmen deployed, but in a go in there and enforce our borders capacity with rules of engagement similar to our troops in Iraq and Afghanistan?

Send in the Border Patrol with a armored Humvee with a mk19 or M2 riding shotgun and see if that takes the starch out of the armed bands of smugglers or not!

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2010, 03:03:23 PM »
Europe has its "no-go zones;" we, unless we wake up fast and hard, will have ours.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010, 04:33:25 PM »

Pretty soon it won't be safe for gringos to go south of Baseline Road  ;/
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

eyebrows

• friend
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2010, 04:52:34 PM »
Here is a map of the affected area.
http://www.fws.gov/southwest/refuges/arizona/buenosaires/PDFs/Closure.pdf

This has been in effect since 2006. Now what I'm curious about is if the authorities have been actively trying to get this region under control over the last 4 years.

Seems to me that enough armed smugglers and trespassers (illegal aliens) to shut down a portion of the US territory is pretty dang close to the same thing as a foreign army occupying US territory.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2010, 05:24:23 PM »
This.  Quoted for truth:

eyebrows said:
Seems to me that enough armed smugglers and trespassers (illegal aliens) to shut down a portion of the US territory is pretty dang close to the same thing as a foreign army occupying US territory.

What do the people who own that little snippet of private property think of all this?  Is Sasabe an Arizona county, or a town, or what?

« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 05:28:47 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2010, 05:31:27 PM »
There's several ranches in that area.  I've been down there many times with the Minutemen.

Let's put it this way:  They invite the Minutemen down, feel better when they are camped out on their back 40, provide electricity for the radio tower, provide water for everyone, and sometimes even cooked for us.

It's a nice feeling, having a couple dozen people whom you know have undergone background checks (every MCDC volunteer had one), conform to a standard SOP, and disapprove of the fact that your property is being stolen or vandalized and intend to help you about it.  And they have guns themselves, if something really bad comes along.

I dog the MCDC for Chris Simcox's screw-ups, but the volunteers were 100% awesome people and I had every bit as much faith and admiration for each of them as I do for the Appleseed folks I work with, now. 
--Lysander Spooner

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2010, 06:02:58 PM »
There are people in our government who believe that WE are the aliens, that we live in occupied territory.  All else follows.
"Domari nolo."

Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Seenterman

• friend
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2010, 07:07:28 PM »
Why doesn't the AZ Governor call up the National Guard at this point? I can't belive things have been allowed to get that bad down there. It's disgraceful on the Feds part. You guys really need some help down there. Hopfully this highlights the problem and something gets done.   

tyme

• expat
  • friend
  • Did you know that dolphins are just gay sharks?
    • TFL Library
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2010, 07:21:12 PM »
National Guard?  You're joking, right?  Hillary has just declared that fed.gov is going to sue AZ over their new anti-illegal immigrant law.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20008066-503544.html  (it's on drudge...)

Confused?  I sure am... I didn't realize the State department would be involved in announcing federal lawsuits against U.S. States.  But it certainly would not be compatible with that paradigm for them to send NG troops to help secure the dangerous border area.  If anything I bet they blame Arizona's anti-"undocumented" attitude for the increased violence.  The solution is clearly less, not more, interference with the Mexicans.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 07:26:39 PM by tyme »
Support Range Voting.
End Software Patents

"Four people are dead.  There isn't time to talk to the police."  --Sherlock (BBC)

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2010, 09:42:19 PM »
Damn, that area is good hunting for deer and quail.  I harvested a 4x3 there in 06.  We camped on Buenos Aires and were about 3 miles from the border where I shot him.  We did see some illegals and the border patrol folks were pretty busy there that week.  That's were we stopped and talked to the National Guard guys for a minute during the hunting week.  My buddy took a 4x4 there the day before me.

Sad to see its now closed off to us.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2010, 12:45:23 AM »
Maybe they'll declare big chunks of our National Parks off-limits next?  After all, they're harvest areas for foreign pot growers.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

taurusowner

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2010, 12:57:30 AM »
This is the sort of thing the military is made for right?  Armed groups of foreigners invading US soil, breaking our laws, and threatening our citizens to the point that the law enforcement agencies cannot deal with it.  Wouldn't this be a good use of military force..  not in an advisory or support capacity with a feel good handful of National Guardsmen deployed, but in a go in there and enforce our borders capacity with rules of engagement similar to our troops in Iraq and Afghanistan?

Send in the Border Patrol with a armored Humvee with a mk19 or M2 riding shotgun and see if that takes the starch out of the armed bands of smugglers or not!

You're right.  I'm a National Guard soldier myself.  When the Mexican Army or Police cross our border, they should be met with bullets and grenades.  I believe so many people brazenly cross the border because they know we won't ever do anything about it.  Even Border Patrol just arrests and deports illegals.  Our most extreme action against them is to just throw them back so they can give it another go.  Our border is like a dying animal that is getting tested out by vultures.  Circling closer and closer, a nibble here, picking a bit there, and we don't move.  We're at the point now where we haven't fought back so long the rest of the flock is gladly eating away at us.  We need to bite back.  Shoot some people and blow up some vehicles.  It's sounds crass, but that's what it's gonna take.  Stop greeting the  invaders with a "better luck next time" and start greeting them with machine guns.  I think it would have a pretty dramatic effect on border crossing in general.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2010, 03:56:17 AM »
There are currently small groups of private citizens who take a more... aggressive approach to the problem. Pretty well funded too, some of the comm gear and NOD's their backers supply aren't exactly cheap. Sad that Americans need to go mercenary on our own damn soil, but that's the reality on the ground...
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2010, 10:19:14 AM »
You're right.  I'm a National Guard soldier myself.  When the Mexican Army or Police cross our border, they should be met with bullets and grenades.  I believe so many people brazenly cross the border because they know we won't ever do anything about it.  Even Border Patrol just arrests and deports illegals.  Our most extreme action against them is to just throw them back so they can give it another go.  Our border is like a dying animal that is getting tested out by vultures.  Circling closer and closer, a nibble here, picking a bit there, and we don't move.  We're at the point now where we haven't fought back so long the rest of the flock is gladly eating away at us.  We need to bite back.  Shoot some people and blow up some vehicles.  It's sounds crass, but that's what it's gonna take.  Stop greeting the  invaders with a "better luck next time" and start greeting them with machine guns.  I think it would have a pretty dramatic effect on border crossing in general.

Most soldiers would have a hard time machine gunning women and children.  Not really worth it either.   Build a wall (and not a chintzy one either), put some landmines in front of it, give significantly more leniency in the rules of engagement, etc. 

The biggest problem is not the border.   There are three problems that are the cause.  One, employers who hire illegals.   Two, welfare state.  Three, the corruption and other general problems in Mexico. 

So let's stop just focusing on the border.  Crack down hard on businesses that hire illegals, to include direct criminal charges for managers, HR and executives.  With immunity if e-Verify screws up, not them.   Gut the welfare state or require proof of citizenship for using social services.   As for Mexico, I dunno what would help short of drastic measures that are politically unacceptable.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2010, 12:54:56 PM »
Most soldiers would have a hard time machine gunning women and children.  Not really worth it either.   Build a wall (and not a chintzy one either), put some landmines in front of it, give significantly more leniency in the rules of engagement, etc.

Herein lies the dilemma of a nation that has mistaken "compassion" for vital strength.  No one condones gunning down women and children, but those women and children are, make no mistake, the advance guard for our cultural destruction and the "compassion" we use to rationalize not taking action against them is a form of political suicide.  Therefore some decisive action--not terminal but reasonable and forceful--is called for to protect our own rights.

I said previously that the real choice we are facing is the unpretty one of coercing illegal aliens to leave or coercing our own citizens to embrace them.  You will see that played out dramatically in the coming months.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 03:51:21 PM by longeyes »
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2010, 02:31:12 PM »
Most soldiers would have a hard time machine gunning women and children.  Not really worth it either.   Build a wall (and not a chintzy one either), put some landmines in front of it, give significantly more leniency in the rules of engagement, etc.
But I think they'd jump at the chance of blowing-up or capturing Mexican soldiers on our side of the river shooting at the Border Patrol.

I want a sheriff to capture 'em because they can tell Hillary "F.U." when she wants them released to Mexico (with an obligatory apology from Obama, of course.)  Regular Army would have to obey the President.  N.G. would be in a tight spot if they got conflicting orders from the Prez and from the Governor, but the governor would probably cave.  A bull-headed sheriff answers to nobody except the voters.  [popcorn]
"It's good, though..."

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2010, 02:33:15 PM »
A sheriff doesn't have the firepower and manpower to capture or kill a squad of mexican soldiers.
--Lysander Spooner

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2010, 03:33:55 PM »
A sheriff doesn't have the firepower and manpower to capture or kill a squad of mexican soldiers.

Deputize a few hard-assed rednecks and you might be surprised.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2010, 03:40:10 PM »
Funny, I suddenly see a good use for all those armored fighting vehichles that various PDs all over the US reportedly bought the last few years. And all those heavy machineguns. Evens out the odds a bit, doesn't it? [popcorn]
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2010, 05:31:48 PM »
The militarization of our police is designed to keep US quiet.  Everyone here knows that.
"Domari nolo."

Molon Labe.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2010, 06:24:54 PM »
Everyone here knows that

often the battlecry of folks selling the less viable ideas
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I