Author Topic: Looking for a nylon strap for a holster  (Read 688 times)

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
Looking for a nylon strap for a holster
« on: June 29, 2010, 04:02:01 PM »
I need a replacement strap for a Hoffner holster I got dirt cheap at a local shop. Basically 1 1/2 in. nylon strap and I need buckle thingies at both ends. Where would I find usch a critter? I don't want to attach my own buckle.

ETA and by buckle thingie I actually mean squeezey snap thingie.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
Re: Looking for a nylon strap for a holster
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 04:13:48 PM »
Check around at the sporting goods stores that sell climbing gear.  Frequently they have strap material and the snap connectors.

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2010, 04:41:49 PM »
Online:

http://www.strapworks.com/Side_Release_Buckles_s/40.htm

http://www.strapworks.com/Flat_Nylon_Webbing_p/fnw112.htm

there are many other websites that sell this stuff, this was at the top of the google list.

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 09:30:51 PM »
Fabric store. No, really.

And "squeezy snap thingie"?  =|

The Republic, I weeps for it.

=D
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 09:42:55 PM »
Well if you absolutly don't want to make your own[shakes head and sighs], try here:

http://www.strapworks.com/Side_Release_Buckle_Straps_p/srbs112n.htm

=D

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2010, 07:09:30 AM »
I saw squeezey snap thingies in two sizes available at the local Wallyworld Superstore recently.  They were in the camping accessories area, packaged as replacements for broken squeezey snap thingies.

BTW, "squeezey snap thingie" is probably about the correct vocabulary level for the local WW sporting goods workers.

DD
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2010, 07:47:41 AM »
Is a holster a leather boxie thingie which you put your bangie thingie innie?

Fabric store. No, really.

And "squeezy snap thingie"? 

The Republic, I weeps for it.

Actually, you're right.  Despite what you may think about frillie lacie thingies, there's a lot of technology and engineering involved in sewing and fabric stores have lots of attachie hookie stuff as well as other fascinating thingies.

My mommie taught me a little about sewing when we had a half-finished house out on Long Island, and since she loved to sew, but there was no power out there yet, Pop bought her a treadle-operated machine.  I was absolutely fascinated by the complex mechanism involved and I used to love cranking on the treadles and watching that conglomeration of perfectly-coordinated and finely-crafted parts go thisaway and thataway.

Throughout my adult life, I've almost never been without a sewing machine, and among other things, I make my own rifle and pistol cases out of canvas.  Here's an example of a case I made for a small auto, with a pouch for the spare mag.

The local Hansen's Sewing shop is used to me browsing around in there for webbing, snaps, strong thread, etc, etc.

Funny thing about it, is if I'm contemplating how to put something together, I'm constantly saying things like, "OK, this goes to that, turn it inside out, run a bead down here..." instead of "sewing a seam," as if I were welding something together.

Oh, the ruler in the pic?  That came with an SU carburetor rebuild kit for the twin SUs in my Datsun 240Z, which fortunately broke before I had a chance to kill myself with it.

Terry, 230RN

« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 08:21:36 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.