Author Topic: Terminator Prototypes  (Read 1496 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Terminator Prototypes
« on: July 13, 2010, 12:13:20 PM »
Cool video of quadrocopters working cooperatively. Though they look too much like the little brothers of the first machines to become aware in Terminator 3.  :laugh:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/13/revenge-of-the-quadrocopters-now-they-move-in-packs-video/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Terminator Prototypes
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 12:49:02 PM »
Cool video of quadrocopters working cooperatively. Though they look too much like the little brothers of the first machines to become aware in Terminator 3.  :laugh:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/13/revenge-of-the-quadrocopters-now-they-move-in-packs-video/

I, for one, welcome our new robot overlords.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 01:13:10 PM »
Combine it with this, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCPQTAm_rlc Or simply the predator drones.   :O
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 03:00:15 PM »
Cool video of quadrocopters working cooperatively. Though they look too much like the little brothers of the first machines to become aware in Terminator 3. 

Ah, mad engineering.  Is there anything more beautiful?
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2010, 03:03:50 PM »

Mad engineering with frickin' laser beams?

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2010, 03:14:10 PM »

Mad engineering with nuclear reactors. I believe I've exposed this forum to the madness that was CL-1201-1-1, have I? :D
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2010, 05:39:16 PM »
Combine it with this, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCPQTAm_rlc Or simply the predator drones.   :O

No need. Just mass produce them so the unit cost is below $100 and put a little dollop of C4 in there for antipersonell use. Or for harder targets, maybe a self-forging copper disc warhead in it like the little anti-armor "smart skeet" that are similar to the ones in the BLU-108.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKdFCsycYm8

The antipersonnel ones could home in on a combination of body heat, sweat ammonia, voice/speech recognition (enemy language), or even image/pattern matching on enemy uniforms or equipment. (Home in on a Kalashnikov vs an M4/AR etc...)

With facial recognition even in consumer portable electronics like cameras and PDA's. (the "smile" and face boxing/bracketing feature") it's not too far fetched to presume that individual facial matching might be possible. The perfect assassination tool.

If you've seen the other videos you've seen the "perch on a wall and wait" behavior these drones now have. Or the ability to vault through windows or hatches. So one could be flown up the side of a building a few days before an event, then make a dash for the podium at a rally or speech etc.

I promise not to duck.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2010, 12:50:21 PM »
They could be cleverly disguised as flying phalluses,  :lol: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZN8SVAcdw6I&
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

HankB

• friend
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2010, 01:02:42 PM »
If you've seen the other videos you've seen the "perch on a wall and wait" behavior these drones now have. Or the ability to vault through windows or hatches. So one could be flown up the side of a building a few days before an event, then make a dash for the podium at a rally or speech etc.
With things like these and high-powered pocketable lasers, the guys managing various executive security operations are in for some sleepless nights . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2010, 01:48:34 PM »
I was thinking I saw a video where a Tomahawk cruise missile and maybe others could be loaded with little anti-armor munitions that parachuted in over an armor concentration and self-directed the on-board shaped charge at nearby metal objects or heat. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge