Author Topic: Rest in Peace, brave soldier.  (Read 1148 times)

Stand_watie

• friend
Rest in Peace, brave soldier.
« on: July 25, 2010, 11:13:29 PM »
I want to keep putting this up as my tribute to a friend. Feel free to add tributes to your soldiers

Jackie Jackson - husband and father of 4...

The Department of Defense announced today the death of three soldiers who were supporting Operation Iraqi Freedom. They died ...November 11, 2006, in Ar Ramadi, Iraq, of injuries suffered when an improvised explosive device detonated near their vehicle during combat operations. All soldiers were assigned to the 16th Engineer Battalion, 1st Brigade, 1st Armored Division, Giessen, Germany.

Killed were:

Staff Sergeant William S. Jackson II, 29, of Saginaw, Michigan
Staff Sergeant Misael Martinez, 24, of Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Sergeant Angel De Jesus Lucio Ramirez, 22, of Pacoima, California

For further information related to this release the media can contact the 1st Armored Division public affairs office at 011-49-611-705-4859.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

15 November 2006:
A Saginaw Township father of four who had survived a tour of duty in Afghanistan was killed on Veterans Day by a roadside bomb in Iraq.

Army Staff Sergeant William S. Jackson II, known to friends and family as Jack, died along with two of his comrades when their vehicle was blown up Saturday in Ramadi.

In this undated photo released by his family, U.S. Army Staff Sergeant William S. Jackson II, 29, of
Saginaw, Michigan, is shown with his wife and children. Jackson is one of three soldiers who died
from an explosive detonated near their vehicle in Ramadi, Iraq, November 11, 2006. All were assigned
to the 1st Battalion, 16th Engineer Battalion, 1st Brigade, 1st
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

grampster

• friend
Re: Rest in Peace, brave soldier.
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 11:08:11 AM »
God bless all of them.  We have walked free for over 200 years because of them.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw