Author Topic: things for kids in/near toledo  (Read 1398 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
things for kids in/near toledo
« on: July 27, 2010, 06:20:34 PM »
things to do in toledo  i am thinking zoo right now  open to suggestion  3 year old is easy  8 year old is in the "i'm bored" stage.  also seek input on a place to stay in a safe hood. had my share of nonsense in sioux falls want peace
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: things for kids in/near toledo
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 10:23:32 PM »
If you have time, Cedar Point amusment park is good for a day. Lots of roller coasters.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

myrockfight

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 12:03:43 AM »
If you have time, Cedar Point amusment park is good for a day. Lots of roller coasters.

Dude. Cedar Point is on the eastern side of Ohio. So it is a little scoot from Toledo. If that is where your are staying anyway. But it is definitely a fun amusement park to visit. I haven't been there in years though.

You may enjoy taking a trip over to Port Clinton.  >:D  That is where the CMP is. *rubs hands together while grinning.

Or you could go to Cedar Point. You'll probably end up spending the same amount of money.  =| And while you may have some fun memories from your day at the park - You'll be able to create some wonderful memories for the rest of your life with a purchase from the CMP.

But good luck explaining that to your wife....and kids for that matter.   :P

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 10:30:26 AM »
Toledo to Sandusky is a 1 hour drive, dood.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2010, 10:52:55 AM »

Fly320s for the win.

ETA:  I know this is not for the kids, but the Toledo Art museum has a really good art glass collection.
        Attractions around Toledo http://www.toledo.com/index.php?submenu=VISIT&src=gendocs&ref=ToledoAttractions&category=quicklinks
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 10:57:15 AM by adively »
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

myrockfight

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2010, 11:56:58 AM »

Sorry about that. I have the CMP on the mind. Thinking of all the wonderful pieces of history there tends to absorb most of the imaginative abilities of my feeble mind.  =|

I used to get to Sandusky coming up from the south. I didn't realize how close they are to each other. I need to brush up on my North Ohio geography.

I've got a bunch of nieces and nephews up there in OH now. So my sisters/brothers may know of some places around there to go. They are living around the Akron/Canton and Columbus areas though. My parents might know of some things up on the lake. My step-dad used to do regattas up and down the lake when we were young. I'm having lunch with them later on. I'll ask if they know of anything good.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 12:53:46 PM by myrockfight »

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2010, 02:47:23 PM »
things to do in toledo 

Greyhound, Travelocity, Priceline, UHaul, etc.

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2010, 03:00:38 PM »
Sandusky ftw.

The Toledo Zoo is not that great, imho.  I remember enjoying is as a kid, but they've redone a lot of it and now it's in two halves.  All the African animals are part of a train ride that costs extra and has a long line, and you can't really hang out and watch the animals.  I understand that that system works great some zoos, but Toledo is pretty small, so it ends up turning a couple hours of wandering around looking at stuff into a twenty minutes train ride.

Last time we headed to the Toledo area it was for breakfast at the Waffle House plus the zoo.  The Waffle House part of the day was by far the more awesome.

• friends
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2010, 06:05:39 PM »
kid voted for the zoo.   the baby polar bear  and giraffe were cool.  it was an ok zoo  real kid oriented now  lots of hands on educational things for them.  bad moment was when 3 year old got tired/hot and needed to be carried.  the 8 year old decided she needed to be carried too and i decided to carry em both  from the gate at the bottom of the hill by the polar bears all the way up to the broadway gate parking lot. was touch and go on me stroking out. was apparently fun to watch though. i survived a week at the inlaws so nothing scared me
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2010, 06:32:47 PM »
There is also a drive through zoo near Port Clinton. 

Also in Port Clinton is the ferry's to the islands. 

• friends
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2010, 05:57:26 PM »
i'll keep that in mind for next trip  we go twice a year