Author Topic: maricopa voters get the checkbook out again  (Read 15656 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: maricopa voters get the checkbook out again
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2010, 01:28:19 PM »
and how do you explain the oddities of the crime rate again?  i  keep missing that.  like i said he appeals to something visceral in folks  but hes not delivering the mail where it counts
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2010, 01:33:36 PM »
Crime stats are voodoo numerology.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

• friends
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2010, 01:36:17 PM »
well thats an explanation.... of sorts.  is it your contention crime has gotten better?  that he didn't magically "clear" all those cases? that the warrants were in fact served? some or all of the 40 k of them?
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

BReilley

• Just a frog in a pond.
  • friend
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2010, 02:00:12 PM »
even joes fans are strangely silent about the big ape in the room.  why has crime in joes fiefdom risen despite it falling elsewhere in arizona.  and how do any of the folks screaming "liberty" remain so quiescent about the deputy caught on vid stealing a document from the defense table in open court. his even reading it was a violation .  the word loose cannon falls short

What's the big ape?  Are you calling him racist?  Incompetent?

How does an independent illegal action of one deputy make his boss a loose cannon?
Arpaio has been M.C. Sheriff since 1992.  Crime is rising now.  Clearly he is an ineffective law-enforcement officer, and has been his entire career.  Eh?
What's the big deal with his tenuous(at best) association with that Ready guy?  Has Arpaio in any way endorsed his views or actions?

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2010, 02:04:07 PM »
It was merely a situation of over familiarity, a needed form being taken from an expected place.

er no  unless you are refering to another incident

or unless joes posse lied about what happened  they claim it was taken AND COPIED for security reason

Seems so, that's not the video or situation I was thinking of.  :facepalm:
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

• friends
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2010, 02:23:48 PM »
What's the big ape?  Are you calling him racist?  Incompetent?

How does an independent illegal action of one deputy make his boss a loose cannon?
Arpaio has been M.C. Sheriff since 1992.  Crime is rising now.  Clearly he is an ineffective law-enforcement officer, and has been his entire career.  Eh?
What's the big deal with his tenuous(at best) association with that Ready guy?  Has Arpaio in any way endorsed his views or actions?

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/bastard/2009/05/joe_arpaio_takes_pic_with_neo-.php 
look in the vid  listen for him "they are about an hour out"

and this
http://crooksandliars.com/david-neiwert/joe-arpaio-and-nazis-there-working-r 

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2010, 02:27:43 PM »
or to play it the other way
anyone else find it funny that the only cop csd won't balog will blindly support and make excuses for is the one who doesn't like illegals?

Please point out to me where I've done that. Calling you out on your little rant is hardly defending him.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2010, 02:49:29 PM »
Neiher Joe Arpaio or any other AZ law enforcement officer is going to be able to stem crime in that state.  I wouldn't trust the stats, and it is inarguable that the nature of the crime has morphed into something far more virulent.  Phoenix hasn't become the kidnaping capitol of America--or anywhere outside Latin America--by accident.  Who knows, maybe the situation along the border will eventually interest our President sufficiently that he makes a fact-finding trip down there?  Then again I wouldn't hold my breath.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Ryan in Maine

• friend
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2010, 06:50:58 PM »
Warning: 1.04mb/138 pages
http://www.justice.gov/usao/reading_room/reports/asr2009/09statrpt.pdf

There are 5 judicial districts on the southern border. All 5 districts make up the top 5 crimestest districts in the entire US for 2009. The numbers are based on criminal defendants charged with federal crimes by US attorneys.

Top 10 out of 94 districts:
Southern TX 8801
Western TX 8435
Southern CA 5554
AZ 5155
NM 3769
Central CA 2581
Southern FL 2514
Southern NY 1959
Central FL 1780
Eastern VA 1485

• friends
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2010, 07:12:49 PM »
http://www.bestplaces.net/crime/?city1=50455000&city2=51304000

lil more even crime comparison   nice try though

• friends
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2010, 07:14:13 PM »

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2010, 07:20:34 PM »
Isn't mediamatters a left, really left leaning?  If it is, any info should be ignored
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

• friends
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2010, 07:21:49 PM »
yea  thet got the boj to fudge the fbi criome numbers for them    the dirty dogs

BReilley

• Just a frog in a pond.
  • friend
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2010, 09:41:37 PM »
yea  thet got the boj to fudge the fbi criome numbers for them    the dirty dogs

Mhm.  So if you extrapolate on Media Matters' reported statistics, illegals are actually much less likely to commit crimes than American citizens.
I totally buy that.
So, if we granted them amne*COUGH* I mean a path to citizenship, then they'd all become American citizens and therefore more likely to commit crime.  That's a big +1 for the status quo, right there.  Or, maybe numbers can lie as well as people can.
It is beyond argument that liberal "news sources" tend to cherry-pick data which reinforces which point they wish to make.  Media Matters is not a credible source for any information beyond the reporter's own name.

So what has the national crime rate been doing in the same period?  I'd be willing to bet a jelly doughnut that the drops in border-state crime levels have paralleled a national drop.
Your crime comparison website does not seem to correspond with more detailed numbers.  I'm a fan of City-Data for crime statistics and although they are not as current as they could be(they only have numbers through 2008), they do offer more than an apparently arbitrary "based on FBI data" 1-10 rating without any explanation or time frame.
Compare Atlanta and Phoenix
Their bar graphs also seem to show that while Atlanta's crime rate has dropped precipitously over the ten years of reporting, Phoenix's has stayed pretty steady(although there was a sizable drop through 2007 and 2008).

You're pretty bothered by the deputy's violation(which I do not defend) of courtroom rules.  Out of curiosity, are you bothered more, less, or about the same amount by the home invasion perpetrated by members of the Mexican Army, wearing uniforms and carrying full-auto carbines?

• friends
« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2010, 09:57:41 PM »
there has been a national drop in crime  hust wonder why its not happening in the fief of sheriff joe     hes a lot like a guy milking a mouse  lots of noise and movement  lil result.

how come the toughest sheriff in america hasn't been able to lower recidivism?  or his crime rate?  its not that hes not spending money

http://nicic.gov/features/statestats/?state=az

• friends

BReilley

• Just a frog in a pond.
  • friend
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2010, 01:07:47 AM »
http://www.immigrationpolicy.org/just-facts/arizona%E2%80%99s-punishment-doesn%E2%80%99t-fit-crime-studies-show-decrease-arizona-crime-rates

The Immigration Policy Center, another source of unimpeachable journalistic integrity.  "Just facts", no agenda whatsoever.

there has been a national drop in crime  hust wonder why its not happening in the fief of sheriff joe     hes a lot like a guy milking a mouse  lots of noise and movement  lil result.

how come the toughest sheriff in america hasn't been able to lower recidivism?  or his crime rate?  its not that hes not spending money

http://nicic.gov/features/statestats/?state=az

Maybe because most serious criminals do not fear punishment, and never have?  Sound familiar?  As in, "how come ever-tougher gun laws fail to prevent violent crime"?
Maybe because we have new criminals crossing the border every day?  I don't get it.  If illegal immigration is a red herring, why is the crime rate generally steady in Arizona - illegal immigration capitol of America - while the rest of the country is getting calmer?

• friends
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2010, 02:55:13 AM »
isn't arizona experiencing a drop in crime?  like the rest of the usa?  well most of arizona anyway.  how do you see crime as generally steady?

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2010, 03:23:07 AM »
isn't arizona experiencing a drop in crime?  like the rest of the usa?  well most of arizona anyway.  how do you see crime as generally steady?

And aren't other border counties having statistically less crime than the US in general?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2010, 04:44:13 AM »
and this too  but its america you can be friends with whoever or whatever you want
http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/bastard/2009/05/joe_arpaio_takes_pic_with_neo-.php

I guess we should have put the Carters on trial for accessory to murder, then.

• friends
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2010, 06:04:52 AM »
I guess we should have put the Carters on trial for accessory to murder, then.

the difference would be if she posed after she knew what he was.  or provided him intel  directly or by proxy, a subtle shading you seem to miss .

• friends
« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2010, 06:07:25 AM »
And aren't other border counties having statistically less crime than the US in general?

pshaw  why go and bring facts into it
http://ndn.org/blog/2010/06/crime-down-border

""It's not spilling over to our side of the border," said William Lansdowne, police chief in San Diego, where violent crime has dropped 8% in the last three years. "We police it really well."

Which all goes to show that, as is so often the case with immigration and politics and crime, perception is a powerful thing."

• friends
« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2010, 06:08:30 AM »
n Phoenix, police spokesman Trent Crump said, “Despite all the hype, in every single reportable crime category, we’re significantly down.” Mr. Crump said Phoenix’s most recent data for 2010 indicated still lower crime. For the first quarter of 2010, violent crime was down 17% overall in the city, while homicides were down 38% and robberies 27%, compared with the same period in 2009

Ryan in Maine

• friend
« Reply #48 on: August 07, 2010, 10:02:14 AM »
http://www.bestplaces.net/crime/?city1=50455000&city2=51304000

lil more even crime comparison   nice try though

Hm. Maybe I'm missing something. What makes your link a more even comparison?

• friends
« Reply #49 on: August 07, 2010, 10:13:54 AM »
Hm. Maybe I'm missing something. What makes your link a more even comparison?
because its not cherrypicking only federal case which coincidentally would include imigration charges
it cover all crime against people