Author Topic: Fast Moving Storm In Finland  (Read 3181 times)

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Fast Moving Storm In Finland
« on: August 10, 2010, 09:40:45 AM »
http://www.hs.fi/thickbox/video/1135259206031?KeepThis=true

Wow, it is a scary fast storm.  It almost looks like it is CGI generated.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Re: Fast Moving Storm In Finland
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 10:24:02 AM »
Wow, it is a scary fast storm.  It almost looks like it is CGI generated.

Sigh.  Some kid in friggin Helsinki probably chanted "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" one too many times.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 10:29:55 AM »
1 - For once the good-looking blonde is the bright one of the group.   Run away as fast as you can makes sense when confronted with something like that suddenly filling your horizon.

2 - Darwin candidate runs across the beach to stand next to the only large piece of metal standing upright when storm with massive internal lightning show approaches.  Adds to Darwin moment potential by bringing her kids with her.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 10:46:59 PM »
 :O COOL!!!  =D

On a more scientifically inquisitive note, what the heck sort of conditions would promote that sort of meterologic activity?

Sigh.  Some kid in friggin Helsinki probably chanted "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" one too many times.

Aside from that, I mean.  :P
"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams

PTK

• friends
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 01:18:05 AM »
I've seen that on a every-other-day basis for the past month or so here in Bozeman. Storm comes out of nowhere, destroys lots with hail, wind, heavy rain, and leaves just as abruptly.
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

taurusowner

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 01:32:15 AM »
Looks like a combination between a Shamal storm and a pyroclastic flow.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 01:42:21 AM »
I've seen that on a every-other-day basis for the past month or so here in Bozeman. Storm comes out of nowhere, destroys lots with hail, wind, heavy rain, and leaves just as abruptly.

I remember experiencing one of those in South Dakota upon leaving Mount Rushmore. We ended up pulling off the road, hoping that there was actual ground there and not a sheer drop off. Idiots were still going by us at 60mph. Visibility was nil. We couldn't even see taillights 6 feet in front of us and Ithought we were going to loose the windshield at a minimum. I was thoroughly impressed, which is pretty hard to do as I've seen a lot of pretty bad thunderstorms down here in SC. 

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2010, 05:59:01 AM »
Impressive....and I wouldn't have thought that Finland would be the home of so many wimmen in short-shorts, either....  =D
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2010, 09:16:39 AM »
:O COOL!!!  =D

On a more scientifically inquisitive note, what the heck sort of conditions would promote that sort of meterologic activity?

Aside from that, I mean.  :P

Convection.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2010, 03:31:56 PM »
RUN!!! it's God's wrath, oh wait that's later. we hope.[tinfoil]

P.S. if this post insults you, loosen up and laugh a little. the whole world isn't against you, just a quarter to half of it. :angel:

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2010, 04:10:39 PM »
That would be a garden-variety springtime gust front around here. 

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB