Author Topic: C`est important  (Read 685 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
C`est important
« on: August 12, 2010, 11:15:09 AM »
http://www.neptunuslex.com/2010/08/11/sacred-oak/

Sacred Oak
Took off from the afternoon session at the conference yesterday for to travel to Charlestown, and visit a very old lady.

Her topmasts were struck down, and her yards uncrossed, which was much to be expected, even as it was tenderly regretted. The ship will get under way on her own power in 2012, it is said, but a ship in lay-up needs to dress down, the better to avoid a sudden squall. We are none of us as young as once we were.

Directly behind me in the line was a French family, a careworn father wearing a Yankees ball cap, the shame of it. His lovely wife and two small children, including a bespectacled young man of maybe 10 summers who wanted to be elsewhere on a hot summers day. Hsst, his mother told him. “C’est important.” Before me was an eastern European family that I took to be Polish. Sometimes you forget that the struggle against tyranny is not ours alone.

Go read the rest of it if you like.  It's all just touristy stuff with a lot of nostalgia.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

bscl

• friends
Re: C`est important
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 02:28:42 PM »
I had actually visited Lex's blog before coming to APS this morning and had read the article.  When I saw your headline, I was pretty sure I knew what you were referring to.  It was a great article, and I like reading his blog. 
Life Member NRA, SAF