Author Topic: Wow aren't we just full of ourselves.  (Read 8038 times)

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Wow aren't we just full of ourselves.
« on: September 09, 2010, 04:58:35 PM »
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20419663,00.html

Summary:  Susan Sarandon says that "the nation mourned" when she and Tim Robbins split up last year.

Comment:  Wow, you broke up?  Didn't know as you are extremely unimportant in my life, but you SO did make some good movies.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
Re: Wow aren't we just full of ourselves.
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 05:22:56 PM »
Ummmm....  The only movie that I know of that Janet Vice ever did was the Rocky horror tragedy.  BTW, who's Tim Robbins?

Galatians 2:6 (New King James Version)

6 But from those who seemed to be something—whatever they were, it makes no difference to me; God shows personal favoritism to no man—for those who seemed to be something added nothing to me.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 05:26:55 PM by scanr »
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 05:24:58 PM »
BTW, who's Tim Robbins?

Only the inventor of the hula hoop.  Ya know, for kids.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 06:28:16 PM »
Susan Sarandon says that "the nation mourned" when she and Tim Robbins split up last year.

<snort!>

Who?  Oh, the mom in Pretty Baby.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2010, 06:32:36 PM »
Ummmm....  The only movie that I know of that Janet Vice ever did was the Rocky horror tragedy.  BTW, who's Tim Robbins?

Galatians 2:6 (New King James Version)

6 But from those who seemed to be something—whatever they were, it makes no difference to me; God shows personal favoritism to no man—for those who seemed to be something added nothing to me.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000209/
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2010, 07:19:14 PM »
Tim Robbins was the main character in "Shawshank Redemption", along with Morgan Freeman. He's also the one who threw a temper tantrum in 2004 about the elections, and came up with the clever "19th Century Fox" whine.  [barf]

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2010, 07:25:18 PM »
More examples of actors that should STFU and stick to acting.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2010, 07:45:36 PM »
Funny how B- or C-list celebs (wannabes, has-beens, and never-weres) think the world revolves around them.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2010, 08:08:14 PM »
The nation mourned?  Were the flags at half-ast?

I must have missed it, even though I am the center of the observable universe and should have noticed.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2010, 08:21:50 PM »
Robbins is just another braindead liberal "entertainer" but who is this Susan woman?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2010, 09:16:00 PM »
The nation mourned?  Were the flags at half-ast?

I must have missed it, even though I am the center of the observable universe and should have noticed.

That's funny right there!
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2010, 10:07:10 PM »
They broke up?.....shoot, now we gotta cancel Christmas....  :'(

;/
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2010, 10:18:11 PM »
More examples of actors that should STFU and stick to acting.

FIFY  ;)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2010, 10:23:14 PM »
They broke up?.....shoot, now we gotta cancel Christmas....  :'(

;/
didn't you have any divorced friends? this means we get to have Christmas twice. =D

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2010, 11:07:14 PM »
Susan Sarandon

I often enjoy her acting, but wish she'd keep her mouth shut about politics.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 11:36:00 PM by Monkeyleg »

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2010, 11:22:51 PM »
Summary:  Susan Sarandon says that "the nation mourned" when she and Tim Robbins split up last year.

Good golly, Miss Molly! They broke up?

I didn't even know they'd been introduced. I wish somebody'd told me so I could have worn a black arm band or something ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2010, 09:11:30 AM »
This applies: http://injennifershead.com/?p=1841
Dear Hollywood celebrities,

You exist for my entertainment.  Some of you are great eye candy.  Some of you can deliver a line with such conviction that you bring tears to my eyes.  Some of you can scare the crap out of me.  Others make me laugh.  But you all have one thing in common, you only have a place in my world to entertain me.  That’s it.

You make your living pretending to be someone else.  Playing dress up like a retard*.  You live in a make believe world in front of a camera.  And often when you are away from one too.  Your entire existence depends on my patronage.

I’ll crank the organ grinder; you dance.

I don’t really care where you stand on issues.  Honestly, your stance matters far less to me than that of my neighbor.  You see, you aren’t real.  I turn off my TV or shut down my computer and you cease to exist in my world.  Once I am done with you, I can put you back in your little box until I want you to entertain me again.

I don’t care that you think the BP executives deserve the death penalty.  But I bet you looked cute saying it.

And you?  Really?  I’m supposed to care what the director of fluffy tripe made for gullible people thinks of those who realize global warming is a scam?  Get back into your bubble.  I’ll let you know when I’m in the mood for something blue and shiny.

Make me laugh, or cry.  Scare me.  But realize that the only words of yours that matter are scripted.  I might agree with some of you from time to time, but it doesn’t matter.  In my world, you exist solely for my entertainment.

So, shut your pie hole and dance, monkey!

Emphasis mine.  Not my words, but I wish they were.
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2010, 09:28:15 AM »
Tim Robbins was the main character in "Shawshank Redemption", along with Morgan Freeman. He's also the one who threw a temper tantrum in 2004 about the elections, and came up with the clever "19th Century Fox" whine.  [barf]

That sounds more like a compliment than anything.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2010, 09:29:46 AM »
I bookmarked that blog link.  I'd like to look at some of Jennifer's other thoughts when I get a chance --pretty well said.

Supposedly, Julia Roberts responded to a political question by saying something like "My mother told me I was an actress, not a politician."

Anyone have some documentation on that "quote?"  Made more sense than most of what actors say about anything except the weather.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 09:33:11 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2010, 10:38:18 AM »
The only reason I remember hers or Tim Robbins' names are Bull Durham and Shawshank Redemption.  I like those two movies. 

I had no idea they broke up.  Last time I saw either one on TV was back when they were whining about politics in 2004. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2010, 10:52:12 AM »
Only thing I know Robbins from is the mechanic in IQ pretending to be a nukular fizzist.

He seems to be pretty much the same thing in real life  :P
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2010, 12:18:12 PM »
Here's a transcript of Robbins' speech to the Press Club. It makes me want to gag.

WTF is an actor doing before the Press Club giving a speech about the war? I liked it better when he was a convict. (Hey, if he can play a politician in real life, then his on-screen roles are real, too).

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2010, 01:11:16 PM »
Dood, he's talking to the Press Club.  Who cares what the Press Club thinks, either?

One phony preaching to a bunch of other phonies.  Relevance to the real world?  Zero.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2010, 07:30:01 PM »
Only thing I know Robbins from is the mechanic in IQ pretending to be a nukular fizzist.

He seems to be pretty much the same thing in real life  :P

Then you'll like the Coen brothers movie, The Huddsucker Proxy, where he plays a moron who stumbles into wealth and happiness.  A great movie, anyway.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife