Author Topic: i often say  (Read 643 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
i often say
« on: September 13, 2010, 01:28:40 AM »
its better to be lucky than good

and i proved it today
stripped the deck boards off a deck and as i walked on the substructure one of the braces i stepped on gave way  i dropped about 6 feet and the protruding nail in front took my glasses off while the one behind ripped my shirt  not a scratch on me  a lil sore from the drop and sudden stop but even that was less severe since their dog had dug under deck and ground was "fluffed up"  shame i was alone  wish a had a picture of the look on my face, first as i fell and then landed then as i did systems check and realized nothin was fubar   i usually hols stil a sec and wait to feel where i'm bleeding
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Re: i often say
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 05:49:11 AM »
You may be lucky....but think of the rest of us who still have to put up with you....

=D j/k.   I'm glad you weren't seriously hurt. That kind of fall can do all sorts of nasty things to a body.  Thank God and hug your loved ones....  :cool:
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.