Author Topic: There's a surprise...  (Read 1714 times)

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
There's a surprise...
« on: September 20, 2010, 10:31:28 PM »
Well, maybe not a surprise to all of us.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_delaware_senate_o_donnell

DOVER, Del. – Some members of a GOP establishment that once shunned tea party favorite Christine O'Donnell are getting behind her now that she has won the Republican Senate primary, offering help in the form of cash and experienced staffers.

EDIT:  Now that I think about it, I am a bit surprised about this story.  Not surprised that the GOP insider/establishment people are starting to help out O'Donnell, but surprised that the AP would go out of their way to say so.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 11:41:47 PM by Headless Thompson Gunner »

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: There's a surprise...
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 10:38:26 PM »
Does this mean the Dover Witch Trials are over?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 10:47:03 PM »
Ask Bill Maher.

(Probably not.)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 09:49:42 AM »

Not even close. On Fox this morning, the only political story I heard for 15 minutes was polling data about how Odonnel isn't fit to be dog catcher.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 11:45:15 AM »
Not even close. On Fox this morning, the only political story I heard for 15 minutes was polling data about how Odonnel isn't fit to be dog catcher.
Judging by its current membership, the qualifications to be a Senator are less stringent than those for becoming a dog catcher.

Depends - is Karl Rove hopping around a lily pad and croaking "Ribbit! Ribbit!" ?

(Hmmm . . . if O'Donnell wins, will they have to hire Dr. Bombay to staff the Senate infirmary?)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 01:12:02 PM »
Judging by its current membership, the qualifications to be a Senator are less stringent than those for becoming a dog catcher.

True enough. Even La Cosa Nostra has higher standards. Mess around with somebody's wife and you may get killed. In the Senate that seems to be a job requirement.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2010, 01:16:25 PM »
(Hmmm . . . if O'Donnell wins, will they have to hire Dr. Bombay to staff the Senate infirmary?)

Wow dude, you're old... ;) =D
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

HankB

• friend
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2010, 02:31:48 PM »
Wow dude, you're old... ;) =D
And YOU caught the reference . . . so what does that make YOU?  :P
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2010, 04:16:53 PM »

They already have plenty of Witch Doctors in the Senate.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2010, 04:30:17 PM »
I don't know; the idea of O'Donell turning certain some most members of the Senate into frogs has great appeal.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2010, 07:13:25 PM »

Guilty? =D
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G