Author Topic: Anti-drinking activists drunk with power  (Read 1660 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Anti-drinking activists drunk with power
« on: September 26, 2010, 03:15:34 PM »
http://www.classicalvalues.com/archives/2010/09/antidrinking_ac.html

A lengthy blog posting detailing the totalitarian prohibitionist sink hole MADD has become.

Lots of "You've got to be s*****g me" moments.

http://pajamasmedia.com/instapundit/106779/

Gives an account of pshyco LEOs surrounding a house with a high school party going on inside.  They are so nutso to find and nail underage drinkers that they have more cops on scene than party-goers, and threaten parents who want to take their kids home with arrest and prosecution.  The nutcase LEOs make every single party-goer in the house do a breath test, no choice in the matter.  They hand out underage drinking violations when one (o-n-e, "1", as in singular, uno) one of the 20 party goers is found with alcohol in thier system (blew a .02).

"I asked a local prosecutor afterwards if this were normal practice, and she said it was. The prosecutor also told me that is why so many parents end up bitterly fighting these charges — they are just enraged that the police show up with enough firepower to defend the Green Zone because it is possible some 16 year old had a beer, and then act as if they are breaking up the Capone gang. The courthouse crowd knows this so they usually make a deal where the kid goes to an Alcohol Awareness class and the charge gets expunged, to avoid letting the police actions see the light of day."

Frankly, that sort of deal is worthy of getting a local vigilante/milita group together and showing the needle-dicked thugs who they work for.  Trash with a badge ought to get kicked to the curb and tossed in the incinerator.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Anti-drinking activists drunk with power
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2010, 04:10:50 PM »
not that i question the veracity of an internet post but glen got a town where it happened?
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

tyme

• expat
  • friend
  • Did you know that dolphins are just gay sharks?
    • TFL Library
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 05:07:31 PM »
Quelle Surprise.
MADD has always been an overzealous prohibitionist group.

.02?  Isn't that like a bananas foster and some non-alcoholic beer?
Support Range Voting.
End Software Patents

"Four people are dead.  There isn't time to talk to the police."  --Sherlock (BBC)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2010, 05:24:43 PM »
some folks could tetotal and blow that
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2010, 08:25:31 PM »
. . . The nutcase LEOs make every single party-goer in the house do a breath test, no choice in the matter . . .
I call BS on this. I've heard of similar things happening and gullible kids being browbeaten into doing so, but "in my day" nobody except the driver of a vehicle that had been stopped would have taken the Breathalyzer. I happen to know of a couple of instances where the non-driving kids said "no" to LEOs (once as passengers in a car, another time as party goers) and made it stick.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2010, 09:48:26 PM »
not that i question the veracity of an internet post but glen got a town where it happened?
I've heard something similar before, but I can't recall where.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2010, 11:21:30 PM »
Frankly, that sort of deal is worthy of getting a local vigilante/milita group together and showing the needle-dicked thugs who they work for.  Trash with a badge ought to get kicked to the curb and tossed in the incinerator.

QFT.  +1.  And all similar sentiment.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2010, 12:41:21 AM »
wasn't there a case a few years back when the cops stormed a school to teach the kids a lesson?

I never ever drink, even on new yrs eve and I don't like madd at all
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

taurusowner

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2010, 12:50:29 AM »

So, just to be clear, you are proposing killing police officers for enforcing state and local alcohol laws?

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2010, 03:52:24 AM »
So let me get this straight.

You support outright violence over alcohol enforcement, and that's A-OK.

But when I support peaceful political revolution you tell me that I am being a utopian?

Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2010, 08:27:56 AM »
I don't think he ever mentioned killing any one. I'd imagine more of a tar-and-feather or a ride the wooden horse type moments.  =D
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2010, 09:11:39 AM »
I call BS on this. I've heard of similar things happening and gullible kids being browbeaten into doing so, but "in my day" nobody except the driver of a vehicle that had been stopped would have taken the Breathalyzer. I happen to know of a couple of instances where the non-driving kids said "no" to LEOs (once as passengers in a car, another time as party goers) and made it stick.

Huh?  That's pretty standard around here for vehicles.  You CAN refuse the Breathalyzer.  But they will drag you to the hospital to sunk blood out of you, or they just automatically revoke your license (AFAIK, only if you were the active driver, but that may not be true anymore). 

For the house thing, problem is these kids probably didn't know to have ONE person walk outside, have the door locked after him, say "Good evening, may I see your warrant?" and then STFU.  Really, they should be teaching that kind of thing in Civics class.  Probably in middle school.  Or hell, elementary school.  Consider I've heard of more than one outlaw lemonade stand getting shut down.  The ACLU printed up rather nifty wallet cards, back in college we used to pass them out to everyone.  Some of the more cool cops bugged us for copies whenever they lost their copy.

So let me get this straight.

You support outright violence over alcohol enforcement, and that's A-OK.

But when I support peaceful political revolution you tell me that I am being a utopian?

You know what the police should, justifiably, call peaceful political revolutionaries?   Target practice.  Because that's really the only thing they are, most of the time.  A live action target to test (usually) less lethal weapons on. 

I will grant, minor and narrow scoped political reforms are entirely possible through peaceful political protesting.   The more successful approach is bribery, which RKBA has proven.  Hundreds of millions (billions?) in bribes to politicians and PR just to get a couple concessions. 
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2010, 09:31:50 AM »
Trash with a badge ought to get kicked to the curb and tossed in the incinerator.

:facepalm:

Not sure how I missed this.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”