Author Topic: Exposing DEA agent costs KCK police detective his job  (Read 2169 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Exposing DEA agent costs KCK police detective his job
« on: September 28, 2010, 08:14:16 PM »
http://www.kansascity.com/2010/09/25/2250584/exposing-agent-costs-kck-detective.html

Some non-LEO citizen does not allow another vehicle to pass him in his lane (meaning, other auto tried to pass him not using another lane, but tried to pass the citizen while staying in the same rahter wide lane).  Unfortunately for the citizen, that other driver is a DEA agent who is gonna pass no effing matter what and their bumpers bump

DEA agent goes road/roid/LEO-ragey, pulls his gun when they both stop to inspect the damage, and beats the citizen into unconsciousness.

KC cops roll up and interview witnesses, but when all the stories pretty much go, "Dude goes nuts, pulls his gun, and beats Citizen like a red-headed step child for no good reason," the KC cops manage to "lose" all the witness interviews and instead charge the guy who got beat to a pulp with assaulting a federal officer.

A local KC cop is tasked with investigating the assault charge further, learns what occurred, to include one of the covering KC cops saying DEA agents “do pretty much whatever they want,” and “It would look bad for DEA agents,” and that police “should cover for them.”

Local KC cop tries to flip it over to KC PD's internal affairs division, given the LEO misconduct, but he is squashed, harassed, and watched over like a hawk.

Local KC cop testifies in defense of the Citizen WRT to the assault on a federale charge and Citizen gets off on that charge...and then sues the bejeezuz out of KC gov't for hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Local KC cop is continually harassed and hounded into an early retirement, despite a sterling record.  He is denied many of the usual bennies of a retired KC cop.

Meanwhile, the perpetrators of the cover-up have moved on to different departments, occupations, etc. and have never had consequence one visited on them for their parts in the cover-up.  The DEA agent is still a federale eating my tax dollars and breathing my oxygen.

My sympathies goto the one honest cop in the stew of corruption in the KC PD as well as to the citizen who was beaten.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Exposing DEA agent costs KCK police detective his job
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 08:17:07 PM »
thats a man who needs a hungry mean land shark  good case for a jury and an easy settlement if he wants it. dea  nixons temporary agency lives on
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 08:24:35 PM »
Is there not an Federal IG, nor State Level LEO/Attornery General's IG to right this wrong.

WhistleBlower Protection ??

Something.

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 08:29:14 PM »
dea has often equaled cowboy. sadly. i know a couple that are decent guys but the agency has systemic issues and covers it up better then the catholic church did the pedophile priests. we had one local that got away with murder. he clammed up and then left  not enough evidence to hang him so he skated
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2010, 09:30:00 PM »
Wow.  Yep, the blue line is still there.  Hats off to the one Peace Officer who tried to do the right thing and hope the LEOs who "covered" get a nice prison stay, or a beating.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2010, 10:11:35 PM »
Is there not an Federal IG, nor State Level LEO/Attorney General's IG to right this wrong.

WhistleBlower Protection ??

Something.

Uhm.  No?  The fix was in.  That's the entire point of doing so.

Any government organization is about politics first, and job last.  It really doesn't matter what type of organization it is.  Any individual who ignores the politics and hierarchy of pull is more dangerous than any criminal, and is dealt with appropriately.

"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2010, 10:14:09 PM »
Yeah, I'd like to also commend the policeman who was going after Bad Guys, wherever they might be.

While writing the summary, I was in a state of "WTF" and likely did not properly convey the high regard I have for that man.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2010, 10:28:00 PM »
I had two different contracts with KCK. I meet several of the officers and detectives. Some of them are great guys.

Some of them are just plain nucking futs. :O

The union and politics play into so much of this crap. I recognize the name. I've been out of the area for three years now. If he's the one that lived up north of Leavenworth Road, I know he was a good guy.

jim
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2010, 12:29:15 AM »
Just another example of uppity serfs not recognizing their proper place in the social structure.

Nothing to see here ... move on, please.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HankB

• friend
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2010, 08:30:48 AM »
A pity that nobody had video. (Note to self: if I ever get video of something like this, make and distribute lots of copies, maybe even upload it to Youtube before turning it over to investigators.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2010, 08:33:40 AM »
May this DEA agent try this again. And I would love for him to encounter a citizen carrying a legal CCW. Maybe karma will catch up with Mr DEA.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2010, 08:44:31 AM »
May this DEA agent try this again. And I would love for him to encounter a citizen carrying a legal CCW. Maybe karma will catch up with Mr DEA.

And said citizen would go to jail for a very long time, if not life, for the obvious murder of a federal agent.  Wouldn't matter if the citizen was an inch from death and on the stand wearing a couple miles of tubing and wires just to stay alive.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2010, 11:59:20 AM »
Yet another victory in the War on Drugs  ;/
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2010, 02:54:11 PM »
I know a DEA agent.

Not to say this is indicitive of the rest of em, but HE is a self important, drug-crusading, jackbooted piece of *expletive deleted*it.
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

HankB

• friend
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2010, 03:03:32 PM »
I know a DEA agent.

Not to say this is indicitive of the rest of em, but HE is a self important, drug-crusading, jackbooted piece of *expletive deleted*.
And as we all know, DEA agents are sometimes the only ones in the room professional enough to handle a Glock Forty . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeGD7r6s-zU
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2010, 03:07:08 PM »
el oh el
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Seenterman

• friend
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2010, 04:33:20 PM »
How corrupt is a system where the only person doing the right thing is the only person punished?

Can we officially declare that our entire legal system is stymied in self serving behavior, corruption, and cronyism.

From Police officers bouncing between different departments due to what would be crimes for mere civilians, to prosecutors engaging in unethical behavior this crap is going to get worse until the DOJ seriously puts the slap down on some bad actors.  Which I doubt is going to happen, which in turn just encourages this type of behavior.

Its long past the time we broke out the tar & feathers.  

Brad Heath and Kevin McCoy documented 201 cases in which federal prosecutors were chastised by federal judges for serious ethical breaches.
http://reason.com/archives/2010/09/27/misbehaving-federal-prosecutor

Officer is allowed to bounce between different departments despite a DWI, being charged with assault, harassing citizens while drinking, assaulting citizens on multiple occasions, and apparently sexually assaulting a women along with two other LEO's. He did get arrested and convicted to (only) two years in prison on one assault case but the sexual assault incident alarms me the most. Two other LEO's went along with it and there has been no repercussions for this incident for any of the LEO's involved. When it appears as if bad cops are protected by their departments its no wonder we start to view the other cops with a suspicious eye.

http://www.wvgazette.com/News/200911150269?page=1&build=cache
http://wvgazette.com/News/200911140678

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2010, 05:25:13 PM »
Are federal agents immune from torts?  I thought you could sue individuals in civil court for assault or at least injuries resulting from assault especially if there was no criminal case. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2010, 06:02:54 PM »
And said citizen would go to jail for a very long time, if not life, for the obvious murder of a federal agent.  Wouldn't matter if the citizen was an inch from death and on the stand wearing a couple miles of tubing and wires just to stay alive

Read the article. Road rage idiot pulls a gun after getting pissed because he couldn't pass, illegally, on the right side. Said idiot gets out of his vehicle gun drawn and beats the crap out of someone. ONLY after the fact we find out he is a Federal Agent. So Id bet no prison.

That's why this fed is an idiot. You come up on someone in plain clothes, he has a gun drawn, he is angry. I'd shoot. Even if he shouted federal agent, I'd shoot. POV, plain clothes. You don't know if said idiot is really a fed or just an angry loon. I'd damn sure not let someone beat on me.

I hope we here about this fed, like name and address. And let's pray he gets the can and jail time. If not. I sure hope karma catches up with him and he gets his arse handed to him someday.

Abraham Lincoln

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2010, 09:34:49 PM »
How corrupt is a system where the only person doing the right thing is the only person punished?

Terribly, perhaps beyond repair.  KC has some SERIOUS issues, police-wise, when honest men can't work there.

Its long past the time we broke out the tar & feathers.  

Amen, Brother, Amen.

Officer is allowed to bounce between different departments despite a [whole host of incidents]

On the bright side, Dallas's Chief just fired 13 turds in a week:
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/localnews/stories/092410dnmetfirings.299da43.html

Dude's taking out the trash.  Sadly, DPD gets a lot of trash (see the thread I started (and ended n one post!) on DPD's Chief last week.

Yes, several of these will bounce to another PD.

Here's one of the Rhodes Scolars who was fired:
"Kelly Beemer, 27, who was off duty when she drunkenly fired a gun in the back of a squad car after an on-duty officer picked her up at a South Dallas bar in June, police said."

There is dash-cam video of the on-duty cop trying to square her away, as she could not walk under her own power.

I wonder...If I were staggering drunk, in the back of a cop car, and had a ND with MY weapon back there, would I face more serious consequences then Miss Beemer?

Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2010, 09:36:24 PM »
I wonder...If I were staggering drunk, in the back of a cop car, and had a ND with MY weapon back there, would I face more serious consequences then Miss Beemer?

It depends... how cute are you?  :laugh:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2010, 09:42:13 PM »
It depends... how cute are you?  :laugh:

Dallas PD, not San Francisco PD.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2010, 11:23:40 PM »
Exception:

Local KC cop tries to flip it over to KC PD's internal affairs division

Rule:

DEA agent goes road/roid/LEO-ragey, pulls his gun when they both stop to inspect the damage, and beats the citizen into unconsciousness.

A local KC cop is tasked with investigating the assault charge further, learns what occurred, to include one of the covering KC cops saying DEA agents “do pretty much whatever they want,” and “It would look bad for DEA agents,” and that police “should cover for them.”

Local KC cop tries to flip it over to KC PD's internal affairs division, given the LEO misconduct, but he is squashed, harassed, and watched over like a hawk.

Two departments and a judicial branch covering up for a blatant wrong, and punishing 1 lone (very alone) good cop.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2010, 03:13:36 AM »

That WAS rhetorical ... yes?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design