Author Topic: Anyone got a  (Read 5284 times)

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Anyone got a
« on: September 29, 2010, 08:42:34 PM »
spare set of skivvies?

That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Re: Anyone got a
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 08:51:18 PM »
spare set of skivvies?

I would need a whole new outfit, not just skivvies.   :O  :O
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 09:56:42 PM »
 :O

Whats the story with that?

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 10:05:07 PM »
Now you know why Sheriffs uniforms are brown.

Seriously, there must be more reported - especially how many escaped death or serious/slight bodily injury.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 10:08:36 PM »

A long long time ago, Earth was covered in these GIGANTIC animals, big lizards, called "Dinosaurs". And, because they were dumb, they all died, and got covered by mud, and got squished by tons of pressure and cooked into oil.

Later, these monkeys got out of the trees, and needed the oil for cars, and started putting that oil into big tanker trucks.

One day when it was rainy, the monkey driving the tanker truck was going too fast for conditions, and began to skid....
I promise not to duck.

PTK

• friends
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2010, 10:12:01 PM »
And this is why one does not stay in or allow others to stay in vehicles on the side of the road in adverse conditions, PERIOD. I've had too many close calls. =|
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2010, 10:18:07 PM »

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2010, 10:39:27 PM »
..... :O....my skivvies are full now.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2010, 10:45:04 PM »

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2010, 10:51:30 PM »
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2010, 09:54:58 AM »

Objects in motion tend to stay in motion.  ;)

I'm guessing the truck driver saw the folks and cars on the side of the road and hit the brakes  =(
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2010, 09:58:50 AM »
What is it with guys in tanker trucks driving like asshats/too fast for conditions?

This morning, torrential downpour on the way to work, and TWO of em flew by me. I was doing nearly 70 already.

I mean, jesus!

When they have to stop suddenly, this *expletive deleted*it happens.
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2010, 10:06:29 AM »
And this is why one does not stay in or allow others to stay in vehicles on the side of the road in adverse conditions, PERIOD. I've had too many close calls. =|

This one dashcam shot is not typical. 

I say stay with the vehicle except in the gravest of circumstances.

Would you rather have them wandering about aimlessly in the right-of-way or hiking across miles of cornfield to the nearest mercury vapor light in 30 degree rain?

I'd like to hear your alternatives and the rationale behind them.

Pretty please.
7-11 was a part time job.

PTK

• friends
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2010, 11:14:13 AM »
Sure thing! When broken down in adverse conditions, I steer off the road as far as possible. If it isn't possible to get far enough away from traffic so that there would be enough time to exit the vehicle and get to safety in an instance such as the one pictured, I break out the wool blankets and tarps and such. We generally get on the other side of concrete barriers, etc., by a few dozen feet and set up there with one of the my multiple lanterns, so we've got light, heat, blankets, and a shelter from the rain.

Rationale, of course, is to get the heck away from traffic that's traveling in the same conditions leading to the accident/breakdown/what have you that has me stopped. If it can take out my vehicle, other vehicles are capable of getting in accidents, too.

....but I have been told I'm too prepared. =|
"Only lucky people grow old." - Frederick L.
September 1915 - August 2008

"If you really do have cancer "this time", then this is your own fault. Like the little boy who cried wolf."

Iain

• friend
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2010, 11:28:35 AM »
Have seen a very cool video where a trooper is remonstrating with a women he has pulled over, telling her to step away from her car. She argues, but as she does a truck swerves off the road and right into her car. He immediately says to her "that's why."
I do not like, when with me play, and I think that you also

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2010, 02:03:04 PM »
Slightly longer clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqIVZ0rR0xk

Well, at least the wipers were still working :)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2010, 06:29:22 PM »
Sure thing! When broken down in adverse conditions, I steer off the road as far as possible. If it isn't possible to get far enough away from traffic so that there would be enough time to exit the vehicle and get to safety in an instance such as the one pictured, I break out the wool blankets and tarps and such. We generally get on the other side of concrete barriers, etc., by a few dozen feet and set up there with one of the my multiple lanterns, so we've got light, heat, blankets, and a shelter from the rain.

Rationale, of course, is to get the heck away from traffic that's traveling in the same conditions leading to the accident/breakdown/what have you that has me stopped. If it can take out my vehicle, other vehicles are capable of getting in accidents, too.

Sounds like a plan, but your earlier statement was quite absolute, not allowing for people who don't have such emergency equipment (most don't), or for the possibility that the risk of a serious accident while remaining in the car is much less than the risk of exposure.  For a very frail person, the elements could be as deadly as the traffic. 'Course, that's all the more reason to pack emergency kit...

And what applies to weather (and preparedness) could also apply to the greater risk of crime when outside the vehice.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2010, 03:41:07 PM »

Ouch.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Cromlech

• friend
  • English bloke
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2010, 04:05:09 PM »
When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2010, 05:56:56 PM »
Being pretty much wheelchair bound, If I need to stay in the car, the doors are closed and the seatbelt is ON. I have had my Toyota tested up against the left rear of a 18 wheeler trailer. It wasn't fun but the wife and I were able to drive away even if she did have to either climb out the window like Richard Petty or over the console and out the drivers door.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2010, 06:04:53 PM »
Lorry pushes car down at 60 mph in Yorkshire.

Those "Lorries" sound very dangerous. I'm glad we don't have those in the states.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2010, 08:58:27 PM »
A huge problem with pulling off on the side of the road is that taillights look like taillights to and extremely drunk or tired driver. Doesn't much matter that they are on the shoulder and not moving, those folks just lock on and follow. Flat tires should be driven on to the nearest place you can get off.

I didn't know this until recently, don't waste brain power thinking on things that don't concern me. My dad explained that any of the food grade liquid tankers have no internal baffles since they would impede a food-grade washout. Makes things kinda iffy when you have half a load and want to jam on the brakes or change directions in a hurry. May have been what was happening in the OP .gif.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 10:19:03 PM by Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas »

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2010, 08:49:06 PM »
no such thing brother. =)

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2010, 09:17:33 PM »
A huge problem with pulling off on the side of the road is that taillights look like taillights to and extremely drunk or tired driver. Doesn't much matter that they are on the shoulder and not moving, those folks just lock on and follow. Flat tires should be driven on to the nearest place you can get off.

I didn't know this until recently, don't waste brain power thinking on things that don't concern me. My dad explained that any of the food grade liquid tankers have no internal baffles since they would impede a food-grade washout. Makes things kinda iffy when you have half a load and want to jam on the brakes or change directions in a hurry. May have been what was happening in the OP .gif.

Tanker surge...

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!