Author Topic: THIS SEEMS LEGIT!  (Read 4520 times)

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
THIS SEEMS LEGIT!
« on: October 05, 2010, 05:11:02 PM »
I received an offer for my Corvette on ebay from a user with a feedback of 2, from switzerland.

LOL

Anyways... a member here has offered me the same amount, and is... you know, IN THIS COUNTRY!

I'm still laughing.

Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Re: THIS SEEMS LEGIT!
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 06:20:05 PM »
But will the APS guy send you a cashier's check for $5,000 more than the sales + shipping price and tell you to keep 25% for yourself as a way of thanking you for getting a cashier's check and giving it to the guy who brings the truck to take the Vette to the boat?

Srsly, what happened to capitalistic greed?

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 06:20:27 PM »
Who's supposed to pay shipping? Or is he figuring that's included? ;)

I had a guy in Switzerland buy the Jaguar XKE from a dealer in Arizona I'd sold it to. This is the car that I spent four years restoring.

The dealer had the car for over a year and let a friend of his drive it. When I last saw it, the car looked perfect, although there were still things left to be done.

The guy in Switzerland called me before buying it, and I gave him honest answers to his questions. After he had the car shipped over there, he emailed me to rip into me about all of the defects and broken items on the car. Much of what he complained about was due to the abuse given the car by the friend of the dealer.

In the end, though, I told the guy he was an idiot for buying a car sight unseen and then paying over a thousand dollars to have it shipped overseas.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 06:24:11 PM »
He was gonna arrange for pickup. It's a moot point anyways. Battle Monkey of Zardoz (seriously, too many zardoz's on here) is buying it from me....

and since i know a lot about this car, he'll have support. Id rather sell it to someone i know or at least who can contact me, because it's an OLD ass car, and it's gonna have quirks. LOL
Fitz

---------------
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:

-MicroBalrog

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 06:30:15 PM »
...and it's gonna have quirks.

Oh, you mean it's not going to run sometimes? ;)

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 06:44:14 PM »
Yeah. I have been candid with the prospective buyer, and I have done the hard stuff.

But, as I always do when selling an old car, I worry...

Sometimes, when a 26 year old car breaks down, people interpret that as "ZOMG IT WAS A PIECE OF *expletive deleted*it AND YOU SOLD IT TO ME!!!!oneoneone"

Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2010, 07:29:34 PM »
26 year old car

Geez, that's almost brand new  =)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2010, 07:45:15 PM »
Quirks. And my vacation home in in the US. I live in Nigeria, and I run a bank,  and your name has an account with $$$ in it.

Quirks???? ???
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2010, 10:06:18 PM »

Anyways... a member here has offered me the same amount, and is... you know, IN THIS COUNTRY!

But....I'm sending my $20 and a whole book of stamps for S&H....  :'(
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2010, 11:39:35 PM »
The most disgusting thing I ever read was thing about 419'ers about halfway down "daprince" exchanges e-mails with someone claiming to be the daughter of Joseph Jolly Haydon.  http://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-37364.0.html

Jay was one of my best friends when I was stationed in Baumholder.  He was with B co 2/68 Armor and later HHC 2/68 as scout platoon leader and the then XO.  I shot Tank table VIII at Graf in his tank, and also some gunnery at Baumholder.  

I knew him well, he died in plane crash in Nigeria while on Active Duty coming back from Frankfurt and serving as a Foreign Area Officer to the ambassador and working with Nigerian military.

He and I almost joined the French Foreign Legion together.  (We sobered up and drove back to Germany to PCS back to the states).

His widow and their two children live here in Chicago.  I don't see them as much as I should... http://www.arlingtoncemetery.net/jjhaydonjr.htm  If you scroll down that's Carmela, Maria (his wife) and Forrest receiving his flag.  Yes, I cried like a baby.....

If I ever get my hands the bastard that claimed to be his daughter, well, there won't be much left.  

« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 02:10:44 AM by scout26 »
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2010, 12:06:56 AM »
Oh, you mean it's not going to run sometimes? ;)

No, that means it IS going to run ... sometimes.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2010, 01:39:17 AM »
Quirks?? ???  You mean like a monkey in the glove box? Or, It wont start on Monday, Wed, or Fridays? =D
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2010, 08:15:54 AM »
HAHAH!

Yeah, monkey in the glove box.

The only real quirk right now is that the left side of the stereo doesn't work, but I mentioned that in the ad.

Cheap wal-mart stero and some speakers would fix that
Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog

Silver Bullet

• friend
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2010, 10:29:26 AM »
Oh, you mean it's not going to run sometimes?

No, that means it IS going to run ... sometimes.

Ah ... the exact opposite of what the other guy said.  One of you must be lying!   :police: