Author Topic: UPS Package Stolen From My Curtilage  (Read 799 times)

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
UPS Package Stolen From My Curtilage
« on: October 28, 2010, 09:17:13 PM »
Well, there goes $250 worth of stuff.  Somebody walked off with the package that UPS left by my door.  Why a signature wasn't required for a package of this value is beyond me.  Fortunately I had insurance on the shipment so I'll get a refund.  What bothers me more is that I was only gone for two hours during daylight.  I asked my neighbors and they didn't see anything.

I suppose I should report this to the cops, just because.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
Re: UPS Package Stolen From My Curtilage
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2010, 10:16:47 PM »
Could have been lifted by the UPS guy or one of his buddies. Its common from what I hear.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 10:28:04 PM »
I'm glad I'm not in a city. My UPS guy will put stuff in my house if I'm not home.

Sorry to hear about the theft. I hate when crap like that happens. I have cameras in the driveway. But if they're going fast enough it won't catch them.

jim
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 10:34:27 PM »
Are you sure it got delivered to the right address? I had a run of several wrong address deliveries from UPS last winter. I'd get someone else's crap, the neighbor across the road would get my stuff and the old guy at the end of the road would get my neighbors packages.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 10:46:59 PM »
I suppose it's possible it got delivered to the wrong address, if it wasn't the normal UPS guy.  If it was an inside job, then the only solution is to stop using UPS, which doesn't sound practical in the long run.

I don't live in the city, in fact I live next to a tobacco farm.  However, I'm not really in a position to leave my apartment unlocked, nor do I have a secure location for delivery personnel to utilize.  Requiring a signature is the least I can do for now, other than refraining from ordering from companies that don't offer USPS as an alternative.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!