Author Topic: Hah!! Keith Olberman is sacked!!  (Read 3819 times)

grampster

• friend
Hah!! Keith Olberman is sacked!!
« on: November 05, 2010, 03:21:15 PM »
Will wonders never cease.  The network must have asked Olberman's Audience of One if he should go and the Audience of One said, "Who is Keith Olberman?  I just watch that show for the commercials." :laugh:
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

SADShooter

• friend
Re: Hah!! Keith Olberman is sacked!!
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2010, 03:30:31 PM »
Technically, "suspended indefinitely without pay". The operative question will be if MSNBC is willing to carry that time slot with an Audience of Zero sans Olbermann.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 05:42:02 PM »
There is another thread about this going on in the other subforum.  MSNBC policy states that if you give money to candidates it may compromise your impartiality as a journalist.  I wasn't aware that Olberman was either.  :facepalm:  There has also been a lot of criticism over their election night coverage.  I was disgusted but somehow still drawn to watch Olberman, Matthews and Maddow tittering all night, making fun of candidates like Michelle Bachman and crowing about how Harry Reid's win was a huge set back for the Republicans.  Fox on the other hand seemed to do a pretty good job of covering the whole spectrum of stuff going on that night.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2010, 06:27:29 PM »
There is another thread about this going on in the other subforum.  MSNBC policy states that if you give money to candidates it may compromise your impartiality as a journalist.  I wasn't aware that Olberman was either.  :facepalm: .......

I didn't even know MSNBC was  .....  "Impartial."   [tinfoil] :angel:
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Lee

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2010, 06:38:55 PM »
Sounds like the cops pressured the hooker to testify against the John...or vice versa.  I don't think there's ever been a doubt about his political leanings or agenda. 

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2010, 06:59:30 PM »
Technically, "suspended indefinitely without pay".

Duzzat mean no unemployment insurance?
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2010, 10:45:03 PM »
I should bloody well hope so. Ma & Pa's basement, here I come!
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2010, 02:42:32 AM »
Any bets as to how long "indefinite" will turn out to be?  Two weeks, three, six maybe?
I'm sure MSNBC will put him back on soon enough.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2010, 04:00:47 AM »
Strangely enough, it gives me a bit of pause for lambasting MSNBC, because I'm seeing a tinge of journalistic standards there.

Besides, Maddow is a far better liberal mouthpiece than Olbermann ever was. 

What I mean is she's far better at selling her point of view.  Olbermann just whined and complained.  Maddow actually argues, even if I only agree with her about 35% of the time.
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2010, 09:16:35 AM »
"impartiality as a journalist"

Oxymoron.

"journalistic standards"

Not oxymoron unless modified by "high."
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 09:28:51 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2010, 01:47:05 PM »
MSNBC policy states that if you give money to candidates it may compromise your impartiality as a journalist.

So are they not allowed to vote either?
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2010, 12:22:13 AM »
Technically, "suspended indefinitely without pay". The operative question will be if MSNBC is willing to carry that time slot with an Audience of Zero sans Olbermann.
They bump up their ratings by carrying the FOX News feed for that time slot.   =D
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2010, 12:26:23 AM »
Strangely enough, it gives me a bit of pause for lambasting MSNBC, because I'm seeing a tinge of journalistic standards there.

Besides, Maddow is a far better liberal mouthpiece than Olbermann ever was. 

What I mean is she's far better at selling her point of view.  Olbermann just whined and complained.  Maddow actually argues, even if I only agree with her about 35% of the time.

the ranch house has satt TV, no msnbc allowed but I've seen K.O before, my goodness gracious-people watch that?
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

stevelyn

• friend
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2010, 05:04:05 AM »
Suspended means he'll be back sometime.

I'll hold off on any celebrations for when they shovel dirt on him.
Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2010, 11:36:11 PM »
He's due back for Tuesday night's broadcast.  Some indefinite suspension.   ;/
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2010, 11:42:37 PM »
He's due back for Tuesday night's broadcast.  Some indefinite suspension.   ;/

Why do I get the feeling that on Tuesday night he's going to tell everyone it was all some elaborate "setup" to show how evil and stupid conservatives are? Well anyway, it might double his audience to 4.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2010, 08:36:06 AM »
Keith who?  ???

Avoid cliches like the plague!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2010, 09:30:01 AM »
Mentioned on another forum:

"Olbermann got himself a four day weekend, and MSNBC got themselves a boatload of publicity. Nice."
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2010, 08:25:13 PM »

Reason TV weighs in: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvVJTaRw6aQ

"We miss you already"
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2010, 08:47:48 AM »
That was more of him than I've watched previously. Glad I wasn't missing much.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2010, 09:00:17 AM »
The only germain thing he said was "fart".  heh heh. =D =D
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw