Author Topic: Good deal?  (Read 935 times)

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Good deal?
« on: November 08, 2010, 12:41:28 PM »

Got a barely used P250 from a coworker for $250 plus transfer fee.

He needed the cash and barely used the thing.  He was originally intending to buy a shotgun, but his first kid is probably being born later today or early tomorrow.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
Re: Good deal?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 12:51:31 PM »
The polymer SIG's left me cold. A friend had a SIG-pro and it handled awful. Hopefully this has some refinements. And this from a guy who likes Glocks and HK USP's. OTOH, it's just hand/ergonomics. The SigPro line continues as the 2022.

However, that is a stellar deal, and I wouldn't have passed on it.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 12:55:16 PM by AJ Dual »
I promise not to duck.

Ryan in Maine

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 02:14:07 PM »
I'd put that in the good deal category. It beats the best price I've seen by $50 at least. That was on a lightly used model from Bud's. It beats the pants off of the new price.

Plus, I actually like the polymer Sigs. The 2022 in 9mm has always made my "best bang for the buck" list when they're being sold for $400-450.

Still haven't shot the P250 though. I've heard it has a pretty smooth double action trigger, for what it's worth.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 03:49:31 PM »
Yeah, good deal if you like DA/SA pistols.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 07:44:32 PM »
The polymer SIG's left me cold. A friend had a SIG-pro and it handled awful. Hopefully this has some refinements. And this from a guy who likes Glocks and HK USP's. OTOH, it's just hand/ergonomics. The SigPro line continues as the 2022.

However, that is a stellar deal, and I wouldn't have passed on it.

I have an SP 2022 which is a Sig Pro under a new name and I like it a lot.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2010, 08:02:55 PM »
That is a good deal. Double good if you actually like it.

I shot the 250 when it was being tested by Sig, before it was released to the public. I really like the concept of interchangeable frame sizes, but I didn't like the trigger.  Overall, Sig makes good guns, including the 250.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2010, 10:35:29 PM »

Lot smoother once it's cleaned.  I don't understand folks who do not clean their weapon before storage.   After some TLC, it's purring like a housecat high on concentrated nepetalactone.

Trigger is a bit interesting.  Lighter than my XD
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2010, 05:40:47 AM »
Lot smoother once it's cleaned.  I don't understand folks who do not clean their weapon before storage.   After some TLC, it's purring like a housecat high on concentrated nepetalactone.

My grandfather gave me a #1MkIII* SMLE that he and a couple of friends had converted & scoped into a hunting rifle (I won't say "Bubba'ed" b/c it's a good-looking conversion). He told me that it wasn't much of a shooter b/c it was so inaccurate. When I shot it at first, I was getting about 6-8 MOA.  After giving it a thorough action and barrel cleaning (using nearly a whole can of foaming bore cleaner and soaking over two nights), I tried it again....got it down to 2 MOA.

Cleaning is a must.....cleanliness is next to Swagger-ness.....  =D
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.