Author Topic: The Hubris!  (Read 659 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
The Hubris!
« on: November 24, 2010, 11:33:07 AM »
http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory?id=12229354

Evidently the United States FAA thinks they have aerospace jurisdiction for "orbital re-entry licenses" over the Pacific Ocean. :police:

Yay, state-authoritay!
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Re: The Hubris!
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 12:57:36 PM »
Well, if you launch from the USA they probably can try to impose whatever taxes they want to try to get away with.

I'm just thinking of all the islands out there that would be happy to see an aerospace outfit set up shop just for the regular influx of supplies.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.