Author Topic: dinners ready  (Read 7376 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
dinners ready
« on: November 25, 2010, 12:11:28 PM »
turkey dressing mashed taters green beans corn candied yams gravy biscuits and an apple pie  come and get it
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
Re: dinners ready
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 12:18:50 PM »
Turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing (2 types), salad, sweet potatoes, acorn squash (w/ bacon), green been caserol substance (don't like it never did), bread, gravy, cheese tray, apple pie, punkin pie, pasteries, peanut butter pie, and some other stuff.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 12:29:23 PM »
Turkey, gravy, corn, green beans, broccoli fresh from the garden no less, mashed potatoes, rolls, and cranberry. Sure would be nice if anyone else in this house cooked. Oh well, at least there is beer for the in-laws. That would be beer for me while cooking to make everything more tolerable.  =D
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

• friends
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 12:32:35 PM »
Turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing (2 types), salad, sweet potatoes, acorn squash (w/ bacon), green been caserol substance (don't like it never did), bread, gravy, cheese tray, apple pie, punkin pie, pasteries, peanut butter pie, and some other stuff.

what kinds of dressing? he asks mouth watering
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2010, 01:11:29 PM »
Italian, ranch, blue cheese, and my homemade balsamic. And I forgot the cranberry sauce. Both types whole berry and can shaped.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

• friends
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2010, 01:43:12 PM »
mmmmm  and cranberry mayo for sammiches

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2010, 02:39:56 PM »
Miles to go ....

We won't do turkey dinner until after dark this evening and all the chores are done.
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2010, 06:27:15 PM »
Bicycle laps with the kids in the trailer.
Football with my son. 
Tossing the kong for my dog until my arm hurts. 
Green bean casserole.
Pineapple casserole.
Sweet taters.
Rolls.
Ham.
3 Shiner bock black lagers. 
Ah.  Not a bad day.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2010, 08:52:31 PM »
Just got home from my parents house, stuffed.  I didn't think I ate as much as last year, but I full faster.
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

grampster

• friend
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2010, 09:23:51 PM »
...and the bellyache.  Don't fergit the bellyache... :P
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2010, 09:29:18 PM »
Just got back from my aunt's house, where my cousin, who's a professional chef, cooked dinner. The menu:

Sage Butter Turkey with Gravy

Fennel, Bacon and Apple Stuffing
Potato, Sweet Potato and Squash Hash
Brussel Sprouts with Pancetta and Currants
Orange Cranberry Relish
Green Salad with Figs, Candied Pecans and Parmesan

Parker House Rolls
Pumpernickel Bread

Bourbon Pumpkin Pie
Old-fashioned Pecan Pie
Overstuffed Apple Pie

It was delicious. Food coma...
Andy

go_bang

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2010, 10:02:27 PM »
Had all the usual Thanksgiving fixin's at the SIL's along with a roasted duck.  Oh, and turkey dipped in duck sauce is yummy.

We'll be doing it all over again with my wide of the family on Sunday.  I think we're having hog maw then.

thebaldguy

• friends
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2010, 10:11:27 PM »
We ate at my sister's and brother in law's place. We had a non traditional dinner. We had salad, fried shrimp with hush puppies and fries, cranberry sauce and cranberry cheese cake. I liked it.

My sister and her husband are eating a traditional dinner tomorrow at his family's house for a reunion.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2010, 11:00:30 PM »
My wife is back in WI visiting family, so I'm a bachelor for a few days.

Frozen turkey dinner. OTOH, I got to spend the entire day at a 200 yard range an hour or so from here. :)

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2010, 11:12:52 PM »
Rd 2 is tomorrow. Sometimes the little treehugging vegan Montgomery County dwelling nuts have some good eats. Should be a turkey to keep us barbarians happy.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2010, 12:03:34 AM »
Turkey
Ham
Giblet stuffing (my signature dish)
Broccoli casserole
Mashed potatoes
Green beans
Yams
Salad (disagree with that)
Rolls
Pumpkin pie
Peanut butter pie
Several bottles of wine

Family and friends. Was a great day. Up at 0500 to catch the Sportsman's Warehouse Black Friday sale. Bushmaster Carbine 15 for $599.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2010, 10:31:14 AM »
Due to CBOC, turkey day will be tomorrow, Saturday, at ny son's house.  Other son and his GF will be there, AWA DIL's relatives.

Burp day will be Sunday.

(Just mocking the present-day militaristic penchant for acronyms.  CBOC = Circumstances beyond our control; AWA = As well as; DIL = Daughter-in-law.)

>:D
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 10:39:57 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2010, 11:07:51 AM »
Had the same stuff I've had every Thanksgiving, save that I don't eat pumpkin pie anymore.

Booooring.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2010, 11:58:34 AM »
I got a free slice of chocolate pie at the Waffle House.  It was a great end to a waffle with 2 eggs sunny-side up and an order or sausage patties.

If there were a lot of folks on the road Thursday they were not stopping for dinner at the exit off the interstate where I went for dinner.  The news did not have much coverage of the free community dinners, so I have no idea how much more or less folks attended this year compared to previous years.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2010, 09:03:24 PM »
Had to unexpectedly go into work to hold some folks hands over systems issues last night.  Can't be shortin' stores with product this week.
Got home to a late turkey dinner.  We kept it simple this year:  Turkey, mashed taters, dressing, and cranberries.
Had my first turkey and cranberry sammich of the season today.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2010, 10:06:50 PM »

• friends
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2010, 10:30:13 PM »
4 gallons of turkey with wild rice and mushroom soup in the freezer

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2010, 11:45:57 PM »
4 gallons of turkey with wild rice and mushroom soup in the freezer

That sounds like a delicious soup, C&SD.  How long will four gallons last around your place?
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

• friends
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2010, 05:37:11 AM »
i froze a lot of it. it depends on how much work/money i have :facepalm:. i got one of those seal a meal deals and i drop some off at folks houses that are cash short. its amazing how lil it costs to make.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2010, 12:24:02 PM »
Late as usual, but I'm so making this for Xmas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xc5wIpUenQ&feature=player_embedded#!

If nothing else, the glaze (Dr. Pepper & butter) will bring a glaze to your eyes.

I'm not sure about the garnish - I did not see/hear bacon mentioned.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.