Author Topic: Egg-shaped house  (Read 1795 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Egg-shaped house
« on: December 10, 2010, 10:25:37 AM »
http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/849512-graduate-moves-into-an-egg-to-save-money-on-rent

Very cool idea.  Looks like it's even towable by a bicycle.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: Egg-shaped house
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2010, 10:48:46 AM »
Need wasp spray.  Lots of it.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 12:00:46 PM »
I used to live in the sleeper of a semi truck and it's not so bad. The worst thing is having to exit to perform some bodily functions and to wash ur a$$. The have motel rooms in Japan which are similar to a truck sleeper.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, 04:02:16 PM »
That reminds me of a show on the Travel Channel recently about contemporary sleeper cab options.  Absolutely amazing with cabs including showers, full-size bed, dinette table, microwave, fridge, toilet and flat-screen TV. 

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2010, 08:57:20 PM »
I read about that last week or so on China Hush dot com, looks like an interesting design, not sure if it had a kitchen/bathroom or was waterproof. I did notice it had a solar panel.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2010, 09:27:54 PM »
That reminds me of a show on the Travel Channel recently about contemporary sleeper cab options.  Absolutely amazing with cabs including showers, full-size bed, dinette table, microwave, fridge, toilet and flat-screen TV. 

Sleepers with "facilities" are too long for standard OTR truckers...but specialized truckers like furniture movers often have them because they won't have a problem with the longer wheelbase.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2010, 09:40:07 PM »
Sleepers with "facilities" are too long for standard OTR truckers...but specialized truckers like furniture movers often have them because they won't have a problem with the longer wheelbase.

I had thought it might be a good way to quasi-retire, and "see america" and turn RV'ing into a paying, or at least semi-break even proposition. However the fact that trucks may well be driving themselves by the time I and Mrs. Dual retire, and that the extended sleeper cabs weren't compatible with the most common OTR trucking work independents can get, I figured it wasn't worth researching further.
I promise not to duck.