Author Topic: It's not water into wine but close..  (Read 1091 times)

It's not water into wine but close..
« on: March 13, 2006, 01:09:36 PM »
http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/03/13/D8GAPFQG2.html

Woman Gets Beer From Her Kitchen Faucet
Mar 13 11:03 AM US/Eastern
 Email this story    

OSLO, Norway

It almost seemed like a miracle to Haldis Gundersen when she turned on her kitchen faucet this weekend and found the water had turned into beer.

Two flights down, employees and customers at the Big Tower Bar were horrified when water poured out of the beer taps.

By an improbable feat of clumsy plumbing, someone at the bar in Kristiandsund, western Norway, had accidentally hooked the beer hoses to the water pipes for Gundersen's apartment.

"We had settled down for a cozy Saturday evening, had a nice dinner, and I was just going to clean up a little," Gundersen, 50, told The Associated Press by telephone Monday. "I turned on the kitchen faucet and beer came out."

However, Gundersen said the beer was flat and not tempting, even in a country where a half-liter (pint) can cost about 25 kroner ($3.75) in grocery stores.

Per Egil Myrvang, of the local beer distributor, said he helped bartenders reconnect the pipes by telephone.

"The water and beer pipes do touch each other, but you have to be really creative to connect them together," he told local newspapers.

Gundersen joked about having the pub send up free beer for her next party.

"But maybe it would be easier if they just invited me down for a beer," she said.

crt360

• friend
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2006, 01:15:46 PM »
Amazing.  I wouldn't care if it was flat, if I lived where a pint was $3.75 I'd have drunk what I could and bottled the rest.
For entertainment purposes only.

griz

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2006, 01:24:06 PM »
I know people that would move over there and save money in the long run.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

Preacherman

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006, 01:34:30 PM »
Flat beer + soda syphon = fizzy beer! Tongue
Let's put the fun back in dysfunctional!

Please visit my blog: http://bayourenaissanceman.blogspot.com/

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2006, 03:22:09 PM »
Can you imagine how long the hoses would be if it was imported beer?Cheesy
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2006, 02:22:37 PM »
a sign from the gods

InfidelSerf

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2006, 07:02:49 AM »
$3.75 for a pint of beer.  I don't see why that seems expensive.
That's about average for a pint of Guinness.
Since it was in Norway I'm assuming the beer they served would be an import here.
The hour is fast approaching,on which the Honor&Success of this army,and the safety of our bleeding Country depend.Remember~Soldiers,that you are Freemen,fighting for the blessings of Liberty-that slavery will be your portion,and that of your posterity,if you do not acquit yourselves like men.GW8/76

crt360

• friend
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2006, 11:57:07 AM »
$3.75 for a pint of beer.  I don't see why that seems expensive.
In a nice bar that might be about right for a good beer, but the article referred to the price in the grocery store.

In my grocery store, I can buy a six pack of something good, like Pilsner-Urquell or Bohemia, for 6 or 7 dollars.  That comes out to $1.56 or less a pint.  Most of the beer sold in local grocery stores is under $1.00 a pint (Bud, Bud Light, Miller Light, Coors Light), a considerable amount of it is way under a $1.00 a pint (Busch, Natural Light, Miller High Life, etc.) and then there's the stuff that's around $0.50 or less a pint (Pabst, Old Milwaukee, Milwaukee's Best, Old English 800, Keystone, and others).  The average for all beer purchased in the store is most likely around $0.70 to 0.75 per pint.

With the exception of a few tasty ales made by monks, there is nothing approaching $3.75 a pint in any store around here.
For entertainment purposes only.