Author Topic: Boy, 13, Busted For Illegal Marker Possession  (Read 2786 times)

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
Boy, 13, Busted For Illegal Marker Possession
« on: December 23, 2010, 01:35:02 PM »
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/bizarre/boy-13-busted-illegal-marker-possession
13 year old  was using a permanent marker to draw on a piece of paper, which bleed over on to the desk.  Cops are called.  Citation is signed (Citizen's arrest) and 13 year old is transported to juvenile holding facility.  Permanent marker was booked in to property room.   Marker ban is used to combat graffiti.  In Oklahoma City it is illegal to possess spray paint or permanent marker on private property without the owner's permission.

There has to be something more to this story, but I don't know what it could be. 

:facepalm:
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
Re: Boy, 13, Busted For Illegal Marker Possession
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 01:50:06 PM »
From those in the know, and the location of that particular school, there's a good probability that the child in question is already a pre-gang-banger/thuglet etc. and has a "history".

I don't know this for certain, but a good guess as to the "more to the story" you're looking for.

I promise not to duck.

drewtam

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010, 02:03:26 PM »
There has to be something more to this story, but I don't know what it could be. 

As a matter of pure speculation:
What if he was intentionally bleeding through the paper to draw gang signs on the desk?
What if this (intentional) behavior had been addressed several times before with no productive correction?
I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2010, 02:31:09 PM »
When permanent markers are outlawed, only outlaws will have permanent markers.

:police:
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2010, 07:18:48 PM »
Weird that you say that.
I see spray paint locked up in some stores in NJ (not paint or big box) but at tractor supply they do. Although the padlock is usually off. And some stores lock up bolt cutters. I don't know if thats to keep people from stealing the bolt cutters or to keep them from being used on something else locked up in the store.  ???
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2010, 10:40:01 PM »
I saw "marker" in the thread title and thought "paintball gun." I was surprised to read that it was a writing implement.
Andy

Snowdog

• friend
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2010, 07:52:59 AM »
From those in the know, and the location of that particular school, there's a good probability that the child in question is already a pre-gang-banger/thuglet etc. and has a "history".

I suspect the same as well.  Unfortunately for the 7th grade math teacher, her image was lifted off FaceBook and posted with the (possibly incomplete) Smoking Gun report.  I haven't any doubts that those who are likely not-the-least-in-the-know, but who undoubtedly believe they are will make an effort to make this lady's life hell for the next few weeks. 
I'm quite sure she'll receive threats from the knee-slap crowd who'd rather give into their lust for “justice” rather than spend the time to dig deeper into the story.

But, that's the way it goes... yay for social networking.
Great way to spend Christmas for sure. 

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2010, 10:10:07 AM »
This is not an isolated incident! :O

There is a nation-wide network of desk defacers out there!!!!!!!eleventy!!ZOMG!!! [tinfoil]

According to the ex-boyfriend of my barber's sister-in-law's babysitter's nephew's crossing guard's teacher friend's kid's teacher's husband who once got a ticket from a certain cop whose kid brother's uncle used to go to school, this http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/education/2010/02/05/2010-02-05_cuffed_for_doodling_on_a_desk.html was the bust that broke the whole thing wide open, except that nobody on the interwebz blamed the MSM for not picking up on it. :facepalm:

Personally, I think we ought to be giving kids beter blotter paper to use under their doodlings.  Letting the schools and cops go all  [ar15] on them is just driving down the availability of ammo for the serious neighborhood watch guys.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2010, 05:28:26 PM »
we need to ban public schools. =|

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2010, 09:23:57 PM »
At least he wasn't sniffing it.
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.