Author Topic: Do you guys like Benchmade knives?  (Read 7481 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Do you guys like Benchmade knives?
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2011, 10:51:42 AM »
I alternate between carrying a Benchmade 940 and a ZT 0200ST. In my teen years I always carried a Buck 110 everywhere (including school) so I've always liked a hefty knife. I usually carry the ZT when I'm "in the field" and the Benchmade when I'm in the office, or wearing a suit or something.

The Benchmade is a really sweet knife though. Very ergonomic and comfortable, and does everything I need a knife to do (which frankly, is mostly opening boxes from Amazon*). The only downside to the Benchmade is cost. I lost a previous 940 and still kick myself over it.

Both my knives are partially serrated since I often find myself on boats and planes.

*Though when I'm lucky at hunting, I use these knives to clean game. Then when I'm at a restaurant where they have cheap knives, I get my folder out to loan to the people I'm with to cut their food. Then after they're done, I tell them that I use the knife to gut dead animals. Hilarity and anger often ensue.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2011, 11:58:02 AM »
I've owned and carried a Chris Reeve Small Sebenza for the past 5 years.  The only time I don't carry it is when I'm in the field (hunting, hiking, etc).  At those times, I carry a small fixed blade and a SAK.

The Griptillion series always struck me as a good alternative should I ever need to replace the CR Sebenza. 

Personally I would avoid linerlocks and only consider Axis-type locks or framelocks.

Chris

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2011, 03:07:40 PM »
WHEN did "gift" become a verb?

At least a few hundred years ago, but it should be reserved for more formal usage. Merriam-Webster says the first known use of verb as a gift was in the sixteenth century. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife