Author Topic: massive bird decimation  (Read 5351 times)

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Re: massive bird decimation
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2011, 08:52:26 PM »
Iridium Flash
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2011, 06:30:53 AM »
Yesterday, a hundred (atleast) dead jackdaws fell from the sky not far from where I am. [tinfoil]
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2011, 11:59:25 AM »
So if birds are slaughtered by the many thousands by fireworks, why specifically on Jan 1 when a few people fire off a couple of shells and then go inside instead of Jul 4 when my neighborhood sounds like the beginning of the Battle of Verdun?

I find it very hard to believe that fireworks are the cause or even a major contributing factor here.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2011, 12:05:54 PM »
I'm wondering if someone went vigilante on the Asian Carp problem up in the Illinois River... and messed up or overdosed the chemicals?  The result is dead birds and fish all over the place downstream.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2011, 12:45:41 PM »
Yesterday, a hundred (atleast) dead jackdaws fell from the sky not far from where I am. [tinfoil]

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20110105/ts_afp/swedenanimalsoffbeat
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2011, 12:48:36 PM »
It was only a weather balloon.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2011, 12:51:48 PM »
I would not be shocked if the New Madrid fault cuts loose in the next few weeks.

Although that's as tin-foil as I'm willing to get.

Reports of minor quakes and dead/confused birds pre-dated the "big one" in 1812.
I promise not to duck.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2011, 03:23:09 PM »
so they are getting farted upon by the deep ones?
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2011, 03:46:13 PM »
I would not be shocked if the New Madrid fault cuts loose in the next few weeks.

Although that's as tin-foil as I'm willing to get.

Reports of minor quakes and dead/confused birds pre-dated the "big one" in 1812.
New Madrid is in MO, right?
We should rename it Fistful's Fault.

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2011, 03:50:42 PM »
New Madrid is in MO, right?
We should rename it Fistful's Fault.

The win is strong with this one. . .
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

Racehorse

• friend
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2011, 01:24:58 PM »
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40947831/ns/us_news-environment/

Another weird die-off. Millions of fish in the Chesapeake Bay.

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2011, 05:49:58 PM »
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40947831/ns/us_news-environment/

Another weird die-off. Millions of fish in the Chesapeake Bay.
Lots (100 tons mentioned) of fish washed up in Brazil...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSF2-Qtnfjs
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2011, 05:55:48 PM »
Dude, is it possible that there was a thermal output variation from the Sun?

There were some Velvet Crabs in the UK (I want to say about 40k) that washed up dead from the cold in the Atlantic.

The common thread between all this stuff seems to be temperature.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2011, 06:11:25 PM »
http://spaceweather.gmu.edu/seeds/realtime.php

Look at the footage for 1/2/2011.

There's a huge solar ejecta event.  Actually, there's two big ones on that date.  7AM and 5PM.

The footage for 12/31/10 looks to be truncated.  It's missing several hours and there are several solar ejecta events in the footage that is present for that day, too.  It's missing 5PM to 11PM.

I've only looked at a week's worth of footage on there, but the pulses on 12/31 and 1/2 are interesting, to say the least.
--Lysander Spooner

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"