Author Topic: 4000 rounds  (Read 4227 times)

Jim147

• friends
Re: 4000 rounds
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2011, 01:45:57 PM »
I use a lot of Red Dot in the .45 and .38 loads and Unique in the 9mm.

Rex II might be a choice if you can find it in your area. I have a couple pounds of it I'm going to play with in all three sometime.

jim
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2011, 01:58:45 PM »
Curious, I wanted to feel the vibrations in the water, so I touched the pad of my finger to the surface.  This stopped the mist.  There was nothing at first, and then there was a rapidly growing feeling of pain as if a widening needle was being shoved through my finger.  I pulled my hand back and inspected my finger.  There was no injury, and the pain subsided immediately.  I tried it a few more times, very quickly.  It was quite strange how the pain grows from nothing and gets more intense over time.  1 sec and it is uncomfortable.  2 sec and any normal person would pull their hand back.  I imagine 3 seconds and beyond would be excruciating.

Thus I have no interest putting any kind of meat in an ultrasonic cleanser.

Yeah, I've touched the focus in an ultrasonic humidifier too. I liken the sensation to a mix between the funny-bone nerve in your elbow, an electric shock, and having your finger crushed in a vise all at the same time.

I think the very intense, but very odd sensation of pain it causes is due to the ultrasonic waves interacting differently in the bones of the finger, and the soft tissue.
I promise not to duck.

sanglant

• friend
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2011, 02:08:13 PM »
if you want a better looking UH clickie here =D

and this kind burns you if you stick your finger in the water. =| kinda like boiling water while it's running, but as soon as you pull the plug it's cold again. [tinfoil]

oh, and these are handy if you don't want to have to remember to turn it off, and if the water runs out, they auto shutoff. =)

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2011, 02:19:52 PM »
Anyone?

Heck, I don't pay attention to that.  I've stuck with Bullseye for most blasting ammo over the years.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.