Author Topic: Best Day in a While...  (Read 2637 times)

SADShooter

• friend
Best Day in a While...
« on: January 10, 2011, 07:19:14 PM »
Got to work safely and had a quiet day in the office.

Arrived home to correspondence confirming that I passed the CRA exam, a professional certification for scientific research administrators.

Then, about 20 minutes ago, UPS knocks unexpectedly to deliver a long, plain white box, containing one of these: http://www.albion-swords.com/swords/albion/nextgen/sword-medieval-crecy-xvi.htm. My early birthday present to myself.

My 2011 may just turn out better than my 2010.

Thanks for reading.

edit for spleling

SADShooter
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 08:17:26 PM by SADShooter »
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: Best Day in a While...
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 08:13:49 PM »
Next time you look in a mirror, smile.   =)   Good days can be unfortunately rare for some.  I'm glad you had one.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Devonai

• friend
  • Panic Mode Activated
    • Kyrie Devonai Publishing
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 09:05:40 PM »
Good for you.  Those villages aren't going to pillage themselves, you know.
My writing blog: Kyrie Devonai Publishing

When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 09:38:50 PM »

Congrads, bro.  Now go stab a hippy.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 09:49:24 PM »
I want to see a pic of you with the sword smiling damnit!

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 09:51:43 PM »
Confirms my theory that no bad deed goes unrewarded.

Is that CRA thingie something you can frame?

Can you go around knighting people now?

Come to think of it, though, most of us folks here on APS are benighted anyhow.  Me included.

Terry, 230RN

REF:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/benighted

« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 10:00:02 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2011, 09:57:52 PM »
Congrads, bro.  Now go stab a hippy.
That made me laugh, outloud.  I rarely do that while reading APS.  =D

It reminds me of a moral patch I won from http://jerkingthetrigger.com/blog/  He gave away several "I Kick Hippies" patches recently and I was lucky enough to win one.  Looky here: http://jerkingthetrigger.com/blog/2010/12/04/giveaway-ikh-slap-patch/

Both of those remind me of San Diego.  I went to eat at a burger joint there called The Corner.  One of the cooks was wearing a bright red t-shirt.  On the back, it said "F*** You Hippie!"
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2011, 10:13:14 PM »
Fly320s: I laughed as well.

41magsnub, I'll find someone with a camera and get it done. If the image doesn't frighten you, you're beyond fear.

After the divorce/depression and a couple of projects that damn near wiped me out, I'm feeling a little wind in the sails. Still not easy going, but the light at the end of the tunnel might not be a train. Thanks for all the thoughts.

Now I just have to avoid self-decapitation/disembowelment.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2011, 10:21:43 PM »
If you manage to self-decapitate, well...pics or it didn't happen.  =D
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2011, 10:37:30 PM »
I'll leave instructions for the clean-up crew. ;)

Btw, Terry, I'm grateful nightly for this den of benighted souls, where I feel right at home. It's like a Knights Inn for freaks and reprobates. (I'll get a certificate in the mail. Biggest short-term benefit is tacking some alphabet soup on my e-mail sig at work.)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2011, 10:40:15 PM »
You'll stab your eye out kid!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams