Author Topic: RINO power play: 4 AZ LD20 Republicans Resign in fear of Tea Partiers! LOL  (Read 1693 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/01/fearing-tea-party-violence-arizona-republicans-resign/

I think this is orchestrated by McCain to draw RINO/centrist sympathy and increase the Police State.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
So I guess the notion that the Tea Party shot Giffords will just not die.  =|
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MicroBalrog

• friend
Can we manipulate more of them into resigning, somehow?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Can we manipulate more of them into resigning, somehow?

No kidding.

I'm 50% happy, 25% disgusted by the cowardice, 24% disgusted by the willful ignorance and I have just a sliver of 1% sad.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend

I think this is orchestrated by McCain to draw RINO/centrist sympathy and increase the Police State.
Do you have anything to base this on?

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Do you have anything to base this on?

LD20 = McCain's district.

The people who are resigning are McCain staffers.

LD20 (and many LD's here in AZ) are undergoing massive shake-ups due to increased activism.

Politics is a backstabbing and opportunistic business.  If there was anything remotely near a tangible threat, these people are well connected enough to get a PC arrested or investigated, or at least be able to make a tangible claim.

This is political grandstanding.
--Lysander Spooner

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
McCain is a Senator, he doesn't have a district.

The people resigning are not McCain staffers and don't appear to have any link to McCain other than being involved in the same local political apparatus.  They are described as former campaign workers for McCain, which is not at all interesting or surprising, since assisting in campaigns is the bread and butter for party workers like these folks.

All of which still leaves me curious what you base your conspiracy assertions on.  Maybe you have some local or behind-the-scenes knowledge of the situation that doesn't appear in the articles?  Are there any other articles with additional info?

AZRedhawk44

• friends
McCain is a Senator, he doesn't have a district.

McCain is a resident of AZ... he has an LD that he lives in.

The first article I cited suggested to me that LD20 was his residential LD.  I now admit that LD20 is not McCain's LD.  It's about 5-10 miles south of his LD.  I incorrectly assumed that McCain would staff his campaigns with people from his LD.

The people resigning are not McCain staffers and don't appear to have any link to McCain other than being involved in the same local political apparatus.  They are described as former campaign workers for McCain, which is not at all interesting or surprising, since assisting in campaigns is the bread and butter for party workers like these folks.

Again, I sit corrected.  Difference between "staffer" and "campaign worker."  Regardless, he's a staunch McCain supporter in the AZ political apparatus. 

Quote from: HTG
All of which still leaves me curious what you base your conspiracy assertions on.  Maybe you have some local or behind-the-scenes knowledge of the situation that doesn't appear in the articles?  Are there any other articles with additional info?

No, I don't.  No other articles so far.

I find statements like this to be a detestible and ungentlemanly slap in the face to all Tea Party Republicans, though:

Quote from: Anthony Miller
"Today my wife of 20 yrs ask (sic) me do I think that my PCs (Precinct Committee members) will shoot at our home?" he wrote in an e-mail following the shootings. "So with this being said I am stepping down from LD20GOP Chairman...I will make a full statement on Monday."

;/

'Cuz that's what PC's do... political drive-by shootings.  I can't wait for my first one.  Me 'n Russell Pierce (State Senator in my LD) are gonna hang our gats out the window of his low-rider Impala cruisin' slow in Mormon-occupied Mesa, on safari for RINO. Once I bag my first one, I'm gonna get "cut" with my secret Teabagging elephant tat.[barf]

It was a calculated statement, without a shred of tangible veracity to it, maliciously intended to slander Tea Party supporters.

--Lysander Spooner

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
without a shred of tangible veracity to it

that ironic in light of your series of "my bads" and is factually inaccurate
in fact it helps to verify certain public perceptions
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I