Author Topic: Airport Suicide Bomber Kills 31 in Moscow  (Read 3744 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Airport Suicide Bomber Kills 31 in Moscow
« on: January 24, 2011, 10:36:02 AM »
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE70N2TQ20110124

Wow, they didn't target the planes.

They targeted the densely-congregated people near the baggage area.

Whodathunkit? ;/

'Spose they might try the security screening area, too? [popcorn] :facepalm:
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

brimic

• friends
Re: Airport Suicide Bomber Kills 31 in Moscow
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 10:40:00 AM »
Spose they might try the security screening area, too?

That's seriously what I worry about. The security check at airport is a chokepoint just ripe for the terrorists' picking.
The stupid full body scanner does nothing if a man can wear a suicide vest right up to it in the crowd.
They can keep pushing security back further and furrther until they have to search every vehicle that enters the airport. Its not going to make any difference to a determined attacker.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

erictank

• friends
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 10:51:31 AM »
That's seriously what I worry about. The security check at airport is a chokepoint just ripe for the terrorists' picking.
The stupid full body scanner does nothing if a man can wear a suicide vest right up to it in the crowd.
They can keep pushing security back further and furrther until they have to search every vehicle that enters the airport. Its not going to make any difference to a determined attacker.

Some places, they already are (reportedly) engaging in vehicle searches.  And they're starting to search people at bus and train stations, too (VIPR teams).  What's that?  You took a bus or train specifically to AVOID the TSA's unConstitutional grope-and-poke?  Silly goose!  There IS no avoiding the T... S... A! [barf]

It's been specifically pointed out to TSA, at local and executive levels, that their checkpoints create VERY attractive targets for the bad guys, while doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to increase aviation security and abusing those (the flying public) who pay for their services.  They don't care. :mad:

brimic

• friends
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 11:23:24 AM »
They don't care.
Its more about employing more government union goons than safety.

Barack Obama

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 11:26:30 AM »
Okay, I'll say it.

We need security check points to control access the security check point. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2011, 11:29:57 AM »
Okay, I'll say it.

We need security check points to control access the security check point great big Clue Bats to beat the TSA and supporting congresscritters.. 
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

brimic

• friends
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2011, 11:32:38 AM »
Okay, I'll say it.

We need security check points to control access the security check point great big Clue Bats to beat the TSA and supporting congresscritters.. 

Good luck getting those past the checkpoint.

Barack Obama

Pharmacology

• friends
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2011, 11:44:24 AM »
I've walked through the area that was bombed on more than one occasion.
That area is nowhere near the TSA-esque checkpoints.

It is where my fiance would meet me after my flights landed.

They were specifically targeting foreigners with this attack.

Pharmacology

• friends
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2011, 11:47:57 AM »
Someone screwed up BAD.

They knew something was coming, and were probably lolly-gagging about looking for the bombers.

Check the 1627 update:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/9372022.stm

Hopefully Putin will roll out hard on Chechnya and not half-ass it like we did (are doing) in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2011, 01:43:14 PM »
It's been specifically pointed out to TSA, at local and executive levels, that their checkpoints create VERY attractive targets for the bad guys, while doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to increase aviation security and abusing those (the flying public) who pay for their services.  They don't care. :mad:

They are WELL aware that they are actually increasing the risk, but they're playing the odds. They are (correctly) calculating that the majority of people are too dumb to see the obvious security flaws, and the majority of the people want the gummint to do something, so they're playing to the masses who are willing to endure any invasions of privacy (and concurrent reductions in security) because it looks like the gummint is doing something.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2011, 01:44:34 PM »
Good luck getting those past the checkpoint.

If we buy the Glcok version it won't show up on the scanners. I saw that in Die hard XVICM

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2011, 02:02:31 PM »
Why do people veg out over airports?

They're not looking for a large group of people - they're looking to choke down travel and commerce.

If all they wanted was a large group in close proximity, they'd hit a restaurant or a theater or something like that.

They want "security" to be imposed on people.
Blog under construction

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2011, 02:32:25 PM »
Damned christian extremists!

Always blowin *expletive deleted*it up.

They should be moer like muslims. You know, the religion of peace
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2011, 03:06:20 PM »
Damned christian extremists!

Always blowin *expletive deleted* up.

They should be moer like muslims. You know, the religion of peace

Well, I saw some relatively graphic video shot soon after and there was a whole lot of piece.  A piece here, a piece there...Oh! I thought you wrote "Religion of (blown to) Pieces."
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

Pharmacology

• friends
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2011, 03:19:32 PM »
I thought I posted here with gentlemen.
Those are were people with lives. People with parents, sons and daughters. That could've easily been my fiance or myself.

To attempt to degenerate this thread into "HURR DURR MUSLIMs SUCK AND AMERICA RULES" is insensitive, irresponsible, and reflects badly upon yourselves.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 03:45:01 PM by Pharmacology »

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2011, 04:31:57 PM »
I thought I posted here with gentlemen.
Those are were people with lives. People with parents, sons and daughters. That could've easily been my fiance or myself.

To attempt to degenerate this thread into "HURR DURR MUSLIMs SUCK AND AMERICA RULES" is insensitive, irresponsible, and reflects badly upon yourselves.

I didn't notice any posts suggesting that "America Rules!" However, taking note of the fact that suicide bombing is a tactic employed almost exclusively by Islamic fundamentalist extremists doesn't strike me as being insensitive ... just honest.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2011, 04:42:38 PM »
The problem with the Russian Army had never been a lack of readiness to kill people.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2011, 04:55:50 PM »
The problem with the Russian Army had never been a lack of readiness to kill people.

Yeah, I don't think the Russians were particularly gentle when they left Grozny a smoking ruin.  They may have been inept, but they made up for it in volume.

Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2011, 04:56:53 PM »
I didn't notice any posts suggesting that "America Rules!" However, taking note of the fact that suicide bombing is a tactic employed almost exclusively by Islamic fundamentalist extremists doesn't strike me as being insensitive ... just honest.

Note my sig line.

Also, from that crazed AG Mukasey, in the WSJ:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703583404576079930494332352.html?mod=WSJ_newsreel_opinion#
Finally, consider Mr. Bergen's assertion that "mainstream Islam" is rejecting al Qaeda and that the 9/11 attack was "un-Islamic," a judgment that fails twice over, including once on his own evidence. If by "mainstream Islam" Mr. Bergen means moderate Islam, there is no such thing. There are many moderate Muslims, but there is simply no body of doctrine within Islam that provides a principled basis for condemning the 9/11 attacks.

Elsewhere in his own book Mr. Bergen discloses that a fatwa authorizing attacks on civilians—the fatwa that is thought to have provided the theological basis for the 9/11 attacks—was issued by Omar Abdel Rahman, a blind cleric whom I sentenced to life in prison for his role in the 1993 World Trade Center bombing and in a later plot to bomb New York landmarks. In one section of "The Longest War," Mr. Bergen touts Abdel Rahman's status as an authoritative theologian; in another, he dismisses the attack that Abdel Rahman authorized as "un-Islamic." It's hard to see how that works.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2011, 05:22:46 PM »
Putin's reaction will be interesting and, if consistent with past performance, robust.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Pharmacology

• friends
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2011, 06:17:43 PM »
I'm not disputing the obvious fact that muslims were to blame, as I am condemning the regrettable comments trying to make light of the physical state of the victims.
Hawkman, here is nothing normal, much less funny, about the dismemberment of the victims of today's blast. While it is honest, it is something I would be embarrassed to be heard saying.  This is not "Kid's Say the Darndest things."  It is not "cute" or "funny"  to create a play on words concerning dismembered men and women, even if it does assign blame to the responsible religion.  

The only obvious thing that needs to be restated here, Roo-ster, is that your post today making fun of mutilated victims was extremely regrettable. I am embarrassed for you.

Putin's reaction will be interesting and, if consistent with past performance, robust.

Something big is definitely going to happen in the south.  
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 06:44:56 PM by Pharmacology »

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2011, 06:39:04 PM »
Pharma,

I'm not saying you shouldn't take offense at the "pieces" comment, but do keep in mind that you're a little closer to this than most people. I don't know if that means anything to you. I'm just saying you can expect most people's take on it to be a little different.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Pharmacology

• friends
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2011, 06:42:07 PM »
Pharma,

I'm not saying you shouldn't take offense at the "pieces" comment, but do keep in mind that you're a little closer to this than most people. I don't know if that means anything to you. I'm just saying you can expect our take on it to be a little different.

Yeah, I know.  =| My head's just now starting to clear up. Posts were made an hour or two after receiving reports from a friend of a "terract" and a major bombing in moscow, and calling my fiance several times before she answered.
I was editing some of the more inflammatory language in my last post when you posted.

Thanks for the perspective check.

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2011, 08:29:29 PM »
My intent wasn't to say "HERP DERP AMERICA RULES AND MUSLIMS SUCK"

I just wonder when the appeasement towards the muslim world is going to stop.

At some point, those people have GOT to be held responsible for policing up their own.
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2011, 08:35:21 PM »
I just wonder when the appeasement towards the muslim world is going to stop.

At some point, those people have GOT to be held responsible for policing up their own.

At some point the United States has GOT to balance the budget and pay off the national debt, too. I don't want to take bets on which will (or won't) happen first.