Author Topic: Mexico's Gun Supply and the 90% myth  (Read 1035 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Mexico's Gun Supply and the 90% myth
« on: February 13, 2011, 08:26:24 PM »
Stratfor does a good analysis of the sources of Mexican Drug and "Enforcer" gangs weapons.   

Stratfor generally does a good job of probing in depth and getting the intel right.

http://www.stratfor.com/weekly/20110209-mexicos-gun-supply-and-90-percent-myth?utm_source=SWeekly&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=110210&utm_content=readmore&elq=ba5e17c8ed534a69a0cc6c3c264ce7bb
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

stevelyn

• friend
Re: Mexico's Gun Supply and the 90% myth
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 09:08:30 PM »
I've said for a long time that most of the weapons used by the cartels are weapons sent to other Latin American countries in the form of foreign military aid.

Anything the waffen BATFEces gets itself involved in is built upon lies and mistruths.
Be careful that the toes you step on now aren't connected to the ass you have to kiss later.

Eat Moose. Wear Wolf.

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Mexico's Gun Supply and the 90% myth
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 09:52:50 AM »
Either way, just looking at the 3500 or so gun traced to the US from 2008.  How many guns were bought by legal firearms purchasers in the year 2008?  Something tells me that 3500 is a very very small number and no amount of BATFE sting operations is going to stop something like that.  
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge